Everton 2017/18

Good signings so far, albeit I doubt any would make any of the XI's of Chelsea, City or United.

As we saw with Leicester though the team is the most important.

I still think a lot rides on whether or not Everton keep Lukaku, because I am reading rumours they want Rooney which I believe would be a backwards step and just a mental signing.

Edited for accuracy!
;-)

Think Rooney going to Everton reluctantly would be a good for both teams.
United get rid of their guaranteed highest earner problem and Everton get him for free and get an experienced bastard who could prob still do a job for them.
First home game of the season should be fun for us!

Think Rooney going to Everton reluctantly would be a good for both teams.
United get rid of their guaranteed highest earner problem and Everton get him for free and get an experienced bastard who could prob still do a job for them. First home game of the season should be fun for us!

Selling pies or programmes? Or there again if there are any Toffee grannies who've bought hospitality!

I can see EFC improving on last year, and away from the hullaballoo of the PEG and the RagDipperArseHaringeyMeedya, Koeman could match Mourinho's results quite easily. They are gonna be hard to beat at Goodison. That first home game will tell us a lot. Mind, the first ten games last season didn't tell us much!!

Koeman the Brainless if this happens
Koeman seems a smart fella, there is no way he looks at Rooney and says to himself 'yes, he can do a job here'. There is no blue tinted specs here, the player is absolute gash and barely worthy of a bottom 3 side/yoyo club. Like you say, he is a complete fool if he gets him.

The only reason i can see this happening is because utd want him away from the club at all costs. Everton take him with all parties understanding utd still pay his wages and he will only see limited time at Everton to. Rooney would get his cash so would agree.

Will he be billy big bollocks in the dressing room putting others nose out of joint etc, you have to consider the dressing room to. It all seems very risky for Everton imo, espesh if he is demanding a fair bit of game time.

Koeman seems a smart fella, there is no way he looks at Rooney and says to himself 'yes, he can do a job here'. There is no blue tinted specs here, the player is absolute gash and barely worthy of a bottom 3 side/yoyo club. Like you say, he is a complete fool if he gets him.

The only reason i can see this happening is because utd want him away from the club at all costs. Everton take him with all parties understanding utd still pay his wages and he will only see limited time at Everton to. Rooney would get his cash so would agree.

Will he be billy big bollocks in the dressing room putting others nose out of joint etc, you have to consider the dressing room to. It all seems very risky for Everton imo, espesh if he is demanding a fair bit of game time.

United won't be paying his wages. Everton pay him 30 million all in for two years. Not huge money nowadays that for a name with no transfer fee involved. Let's take walker for example - we pay him 6 million a year for the next two years and 12 million a year over a four year contract for his transfer fee. Works out at 36 million for 2 years vs Rooney costing 30. Good signing for me.

Everton could be the surprise package this year.
100/1 to finish in the top 2 and 12/1 for a top 4 finish.

Everton could be the surprise package this year.
100/1 to finish in the top 2 and 12/1 for a top 4 finish.

I don't think they have bought that well - lukaku will be a big miss. They have an old defence. Same old between 5th and 8th.

There is no way Everton will pay him £300k a week and no chance rooney will miss out on his wages or the huge loyalty fee he will no doubt receive. So it can only be a loan with United paying 200k out of his 300k a week and then still having to give him £10m at the end of his contract for being such a great servant.

Weird team Everton. If they sign Rooney they may as well just admit they're a joke, as no team in their right mind would want Wayne Rooney the player anymore, it's a ridiculously expensive PR move. The sort of thing an MLS club would do, not one that's just spent £70m on new players

I'd be interested to know what the Everton fans think about this. Their team is going in the right direction and have a good manager. Why would they want the circus of an over the hill Rooney?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.