Everton (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

I like the two Robbies on US TV, but today they spent time trying to suggest it shouldn’t have been a penalty (seemed pretty clear to me, based on how it’s currently interpreted), but didn’t mention the hand in Rodri’s back for their goal, which seemed a lot more contentious.

Great to see us come from behind to win as it's not something we're renowned for. Could easily have let our heads drop after missing two gilt-edged chances and seeing the opposition take the lead with their first chance as is so often the case but we retained our composure and kept playing our normal game as we always do.

The goals may have been two pieces of individual quality and a penalty but we fully deserved to win that.

We got off to a good start but decided to give Everton a belated Christmas Gift and we did temporarily lost our way in the latter stages of the first half. We showed in the second half that we still have that extra bit of grit. I am not sure that we can cut out the indvidual errors in our game.

It wasn't always pretty, but we needed all three points tonight anyway, anyhow, and we got them.

There is a lot to work on for Pep. I think it's fair to say we don't look like legitimate title contenders as of right now.
So, a team, without the likes of KDB, Haaland, Dias, Doku, nothing on the bench, losing Stones at 1-0 down, that comes back to win 3-1 away at Everton, isn't a legitimate title contender?

Wow, tough audience.

Everton equal to us for 20mins. The rest we completely bossed. everyone stood up to the task overall and we played some terrific footy with the possible exception of Mattheus who is a bit of a softy Walter.
Travelling blues - you were a bloody credit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.