Everton Thread - 2023/24

As an older blue, I see so many parallels between Everton and us, before the investment. I spent yesterday on the ale in Liverpool with Everton lads I’ve known for 25 years and they are absolutely sound. They were sanguine after, but proud enough that this year they had got stuck in and actually had a go. Also hugely gracious about us and complimentary about Foden in particular, although they to a man missed the irony in our cheats, don’t get caught, song. City shouldn’t wish Everton any ill, they are the decent working class side of Liverpool, grounded, the opposite of their verminous neighbours and in many ways, for many years, our mirror image.

You're not that old, years of watching us home and away have just eroded your chiseled looks a bit my friend..

I know you have a soft spot for Everton as we have discussed it regularly, pleased we won and you had a good day..

Still hope they have a spell in the championship though, starting next season..

All the best, catch up soon..!

I genuinely feel sorry for true Evertonians because they are stuck with Dyche for the forseeable. Talking to quite a few outside the ground they don't like Dyche at all. One in particular (and he was obviously a long term fan as he was my age) hated Moyes too. The fact is that premier league clubs receive £100m+ per season so anyone who has been in the top flight for any length of time has reasonable funds to spend. This includes Everton and Burnley. It is Dyche's choice to buy cheap "thugs" and journeymen. If Everton played a non league reserve team it would descend into a game of attrition. He is a complete fraud and some fans fall for his shite.

Last edited:
To follow on from my last post, Dyche will never, ever attract any skilful footballer because they will be totally destroyed with his style of “football “.
Imagine the scene. Dyche talking to David Silva. Would you like to sign for me? Say no more.

As an older blue, I see so many parallels between Everton and us, before the investment. I spent yesterday on the ale in Liverpool with Everton lads I’ve known for 25 years and they are absolutely sound. They were sanguine after, but proud enough that this year they had got stuck in and actually had a go. Also hugely gracious about us and complimentary about Foden in particular, although they to a man missed the irony in our cheats, don’t get caught, song. City shouldn’t wish Everton any ill, they are the decent working class side of Liverpool, grounded, the opposite of their verminous neighbours and in many ways, for many years, our mirror image.

Still hoping they get taken over by someone with some actual money .....

To follow on from my last post, Dyche will never, ever attract any skilful footballer because they will be totally destroyed with his style of “football “.
Imagine the scene. Dyche talking to David Silva. Would you like to sign for me? Say no more.

David Silva played for the Spanish Allardyce in Jose Mendilibar for Eibar & was a tough little bastard but Dyche wouldn’t have a clue what to do with him.

I genuinely feel sorry for true Evertonians because they are stuck with Dyche for the forseeable. Talking to quite a few outside the ground they don't like Dyche at all. One in particular (and he was obviously a long term fan as he was my age) hated Moyes too. The fact is that premier league clubs receive £100m+ per season so anyone who has been in the top flight for any length of time has reasonable funds to spend. This includes Everton and Burnley. It is Dyche's choice to buy cheap "thugs" and journeymen. If Everton played a non league reserve team it would descend into a game of attrition. He is a complete fraud and some fans fall for his shite.

They're up to £1.1 billion in debt and could face administration if no takeover is forthcoming.

The underlying point though is that Dyche plays shit football and that is underlined by the football played by Burnley under Vinnie. He has spent very little and yet they are so much more entertaining. Don’t forget, he took over them in the championship so I don’t wish to hear about the antichrist keeping Burnley in the top flight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.