Everton Thread - 2023/24

R.I.P John Hurst

Great player.

Sad news . I remember him from my teenage years.. Wore a no.10 and played alongside Brian Labone if I remember. Everton had one or two similar kind of utility players to the outsider at least about then, Mike Lyons, Terry Darracott and someone D'Arcy I think.

Said on here a few times over the years how I've always liked Everton since being a kid.

I remember seeing and enjoying the great side built by Harry Catterick play in the early 60s (especially Alex Young), so I wish you fans and your team well, except whenever playing us!

There have been some rocky moments in recent years, though. For example, David Moyes' criticisms of City, especially around the time of the Lescott transfer, were frankly a bit 'beyond the Pale'. And in recent weeks since the 10 point nonsense was imposed upon you, there has been unnecessary pointing of fingers at City by some of your support.

I say 'unnecessary' because, as nuanced as the problems created by FFP are in both UEFA and Premier League iterations, there is at the heart of it all a simple, common enemy that we share (along with every other club, from Newcastle southwards)

And that enemy is the 'Red Tops & Levy cartel' that has been seeking to accrete power and riches over the past two decades, all at the expense of the rest of the 'football family' they would have us believe they want to be a part of, the hypocritical twunts.

I hope that we are cleared of the PL charges asap.. and I hope the same for Everton (and Forest, too).

And here's to this PL/UEFA financial nonsense being dropped altogether to be replaced by something that's fit for purpose and actually IS fair to all clubs up and down the football ladder.

Said on here a few times over the years how I've always liked Everton since being a kid.

I remember seeing and enjoying the great side built by Harry Catterick play in the early 60s (especially Alex Young), so I wish you fans and your team well, except whenever playing us!

There have been some rocky moments in recent years, though. For example, David Moyes' criticisms of City, especially around the time of the Lescott transfer, were frankly a bit 'beyond the Pale'. And in recent weeks since the 10 point nonsense was imposed upon you, there has been unnecessary pointing of fingers at City by some of your support.

I say 'unnecessary' because, as nuanced as the problems created by FFP are in both UEFA and Premier League iterations, there is at the heart of it all a simple, common enemy that we share (along with every other club, from Newcastle southwards)

And that enemy is the 'Red Tops & Levy cartel' that has been seeking to accrete power and riches over the past two decades, all at the expense of the rest of the 'football family' they would have us believe they want to be a part of, the hypocritical twunts.

I hope that we are cleared of the PL charges asap.. and I hope the same for Everton (and Forest, too).

And here's to this PL/UEFA financial nonsense being dropped altogether to be replaced by something that's fit for purpose and actually IS fair to all clubs up and down the football ladder.
I sure ain't one of those pointing any fingers at City. I hope you are cleared very soon. How dare any team spend the money they make themselves? How dare an owner invest in a team? Newcastle looking at selling players to stay in line of the rules? I mean Newcastle! owner has endless amounts of dosh, but them rules must be obeyed. Meanwhile, Chelsea, spend as you like, pay in 8 years time, Uncle FFP is fine with it. United, how much are they in debt? does anyone actually know? Does Uncle FFP care? Sheff Utd, good boys, come into league, do nothing to improve, go straight back down with a pat on the head. Everton and Forest, very very naughty cheats, an example must be made. Then there is LIverpool, the perfect team, an example to us all. Doing it all for nothing, for the love of the game. Uncle FFP beams with delight when he sees not one penny have they spent.

The rules were brought in to protect certain clubs. Newcastle are now a danger to the elite and thus must be towed into line. City, well they did it before the rules, and they pissed off the elite, who sulk, and moan, and claim it is unfair, so nasty City much be punished, 115 times. City are cheats, they ruin the game.

I keep reading and hearing this 'Cheat' City cheat, Forest cheat, Everton cheat etc! However, there is only one incident I can recall (I may be wrong) that was actual cheating, and that was a certain team hacking into a rival teams system. The cheating bastards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.