Everton Thread - 2023/24

Somehow I think Everton will have the points deduction overturned on appeal (or suspended) and will get a hefty fine instead.

Personally, I think the punishment is very harsh. You get less points deducted for running a club into the ground and into administration.
It's 12 point deduction in the EFL for going into administration, previously it was 10
Precedent in the EFL was a small fine.
The Leicester City fine was because the club had been promoted to the PL, so were no longer under EFL rules, clubs in EFL in recent years have received the following:

Wednesday - 12 points (reduced to 6 on appeal)
Birmingham City - 9 Points
Derby County - 9 Points (+ 3 suspended)
Reading - 6 points (twice)

Then you have lots of teams getting deductions for going into administration including Coventry City, Derby County, Wigan, Leeds United (10 points 2006-07 & 15 points 2007-08), Rotherham United, Crystal Palace, QPR

Luton Town received a 30 point deduction from The FA in 2008-09 after historical financial irregularities which ultimately relegated them to the conference.

That's the fascinating bit trying to fathom what comes next after the PL if anything. The teams are so globally known now I don't think they can get away with just binning them.in say the Northern Premier League and that's the end of it.
Too much commercial value. Maybe some of the disaffected clubs will go their own way with no financial restrictions?
Leicester winning the league threatened their global brand and they are doing everything they can to prevent it happening again. Everton would never win the league regardless of expenditure, i can accept the punishment if you break the rules but realistically we should stay up anyway so the punishment to us could be irrelevant. I think the agenda is a warning to others and evidence to the government that the PL can keep it's own house in order

So it seems like the punishment is based on having a wealthy owner and that they felt a financial punishment would have no impact. I think the precedent they are setting is a dangerous one and the months ahead could be interesting for their brand at Goodison
One other thing it looks to me like the PL have slipped up on this anyway because the fine/punishment is for the club not the owners so what has the owners wealth got to do with it?
What a shower, lol !

It's 12 point deduction in the EFL for going into administration, previously it was 10

The Leicester City fine was because the club had been promoted to the PL, so were no longer under EFL rules, clubs in EFL in recent years have received the following:

Wednesday - 12 points (reduced to 6 on appeal)
Birmingham City - 9 Points
Derby County - 9 Points (+ 3 suspended)
Reading - 6 points (twice)

Then you have lots of teams getting deductions for going into administration including Coventry City, Derby County, Wigan, Leeds United (10 points 2006-07 & 15 points 2007-08), Rotherham United, Crystal Palace, QPR

Luton Town received a 30 point deduction from The FA in 2008-09 after historical financial irregularities which ultimately relegated them to the conference.
Luton's points deduction is a combination of different things over different times they were awarded. It was more like 10 points for going bust then another 10 for coming out of administration without a plan and another 10 for dodgy transfers. All at different time points.

Got to admit, until today I’ve wanted Everton relegated; their constant narrow escapes just because three others were even shitter in recent seasons annoyed me.

But I was wrong, and have changed my mind. They’re the victim of a rag-influenced financial witch-hunt and I hope they fight like an enraged gorilla against everybody at the injustice of it. Starting with destroying the debt-ridden slimy rag cunts in the next game. Hundreds of millions in debt but untouchable it seems. Come on Everton. Fight.

Fuck ffp. Fuck the rags.
How are they a victim when there's literally proof they broke the rules?

Everton taking the fight to the corrupt PL cunts and more will follow. Won't end well for the PL
They haven't got a a penny to fund a fight on that scale. Even bigger problems coming their way with the ownership situation too.

Luton's points deduction is a combination of different things over different times they were awarded. It was more like 10 points for going bust then another 10 for coming out of administration without a plan and another 10 for dodgy transfers. All at different time points.

It was yes, they also recieved a 10 point deduction for going into administration the previous season too, so 40 points in the space of 12 months.

How are they a victim when there's literally proof they broke the rules?

Because they only went over by a few million whereas the rags are hundreds of million in debt yet continue to spend with impunity.

This forensic examination of clubs’ finances was orchestrated by Utd because they feared they could no longer just outspend everyone, other clubs were catching up and overtaking them. Sky and the PL wanted a one club league, with their rag cash cow prevailing each season over one of their other favourites, Liverpool or Arsenal, with one of those winning it occasionally to keep it ‘interesting’.

Chelsea came along and fucked that up for them, then us, now Newcastle. The rag cunts and their sycophants are running scared and looking for ways to drag football back to the 90s. Everton are an easy first target, no threat, not a huge overspend, but a warning to others that this financial witch-hunt has some teeth. These ‘rules’ are just contrived to help Utd. Every other club should be fighting this arbitrary financial bollocks.

How can it be ok to be £400m in debt but not ok to overspend by less than a third of what the rags paid for Maguire?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.