Everton Thread - 2023/24

I see Everton fans throwing stones in our direction asking that wolves Bournemouth and forest are fully investigated
That would be wolves that every one laughed at for selling 140m of players in the summer to balance the books, and avoid failing profit and sustainability rules, even losing a manager in the process. What did Everton do?

I see Everton fans throwing stones in our direction asking that wolves Bournemouth and forest are fully investigated
That would be wolves that every one laughed at for selling 140m of players in the summer to balance the books, and avoid failing profit and sustainability rules, even losing a manager in the process. What did Everton do?
Had a part owner that was Ukranian and were unable to or chose not to get rid of Siggurdson ?

I don't believe there's one club that hasn't tried to circumnavigate the rules. It's what businesses do. Our chairman was right when he said other clubs need to be careful with their accusations, as they might find themselves under scrutiny too.

I also don't agree with points deductions and relegations etcetera as that only hurts the fans who are blameless. A better way has to be found, what I don't know. I'm sure if a club had the financial muscle and will to fight ffp rules in a court of law they'd win. Bosman did it with players contracts and nobody thought he'd win.

I was posting that to show the commission point of only a points deduction will hurt us due to having a wealthy owner. Which seems absurd. If your owner wasnt a billionaire then we would give you a fine, but sorry points deduction for you.

So the reasoning is that if you have a "wealthy owner", regardless of the fact that the rules prevent him or her investing in the team, the club should get a points deduction. Okay. And how is "wealthy" defined by the panel ? What is the threshold of personal wealth that qualifies as "wealthy" ? Presumably it applies to all PL clubs ?

And it's surely through the looking glass to suggest the corollary, that, if the owner doesn't have two beans to rub together, a fine is more appropriate thus condemning the club to insolvency. To me, it doesn't make sense unless the new "wealthy owner" clause is aimed directly at us.

The fact that the panel also admitted that Everton gained no advantage on the pitch due to a breach of FPP Regulations suggests that the new stadium is the issue. I can see our fanbase reacting to the PL in much the same way as City do to the Champions League
United at home should be fun

The panel did say they got a sporting advantage didn't they?

They did but lots of contradictory statements in their findings it's hard to know what's true. If there was a sporting advantage they should name it surely.
Is it possible the PL are saying Everton didn't gain any advantage on the pitch as a way to nullify threats to sue either the club or the PL?
Surely it makes no sense to deduct points if they didn't have an advantage on the pitch.

Basically no point fining a club with wealthy owners, so they had to go with points.

Can barely believe what I've read there. Looks Incredibly unprofessionally like something a kid gas written, made up as they go along. Are they saying some pl owners are not very wealthy,. So uniteds FFP fine was OK because their owners are skint. Its frighteningly bad
Also noticed they seem to be doing a real ground preparing job for city not just with the billionaire owners/points deducted comment but also ignoring the immaterial breach thing so Ince something no matter how small is proven its a points deduction.
This is an unmissable opportunity as they see it to take city out and results will be expected of the PL by our bent rivals.. Really hope city have a few nice surprises of their own lined up.

Can barely believe what I've read there. Looks Incredibly unprofessionally like something a kid gas written, made up as they go along. Are they saying some pl owners are not very wealthy,. So uniteds FFP fine was OK because their owners are skint. Its frighteningly bad
Also noticed they seem to be doing a real ground preparing job for city not just with the billionaire owners/points deducted comment but also ignoring the immaterial breach thing so Ince something no matter how small is proven its a points deduction.
This is an unmissable opportunity as they see it to take city out and results will be expected of the PL by our bent rivals.. Really hope city have a few nice surprises of their own lined up.
So it seems like the punishment is based on having a wealthy owner and that they felt a financial punishment would have no impact. I think the precedent they are setting is a dangerous one and the months ahead could be interesting for their brand at Goodison

It's the likes of the scum who relay want cheslea out the picture for top five so a points deduction for them will benefit the scum getting that champions league place what they desperately need or it's ffp breaking again for them

So it seems like the punishment is based on having a wealthy owner and that they felt a financial punishment would have no impact. I think the precedent they are setting is a dangerous one and the months ahead could be interesting for their brand at Goodison
That's the fascinating bit trying to fathom what comes next after the PL if anything. The teams are so globally known now I don't think they can get away with just binning them.in say the Northern Premier League and that's the end of it.
Too much commercial value. Maybe some of the disaffected clubs will go their own way with no financial restrictions?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.