Everton v City post match

Yeah I see you where you are coming from. At the end of the day every player benefits from playing in a system where weaknesses can be hidden.

The midfield is a massive problem though. Not one of our midfielders know how to play off the ball. Now that problem may stem from just one or two players not contributing effectively without the ball or it may stem from none of them contributing. The only midfielder who actually takes ownership of his off the ball role is Fernandinho but he causes us massive problems become his decision making in terms of when to engage and when to drop off is poor and as a result often engages with little regard for the gap he is leaving in behind himself. That's normally the kick start to the chain of events that unfold when Otamendi comes clattering out of his position to close down space. It creates problems with covering players because they also have little time to react and if those players are fairly passive (Yaya is, Silva is, KDB is, Kolarov is, Stones is) it creates massive issues, because by the time they have switched on to what's happening, it's already unfolded and we are a goal worse off.

This exactly.

I'm gutted today mate that much so I can't bear put sly sports news on or face anymore criticism. Just feel people go too far with some of there comments. That second half today was awful and it just went from bad to worse, we've been in far worse positions just need get behind the team and keep going. Peps said he's here too learn he's no magician so let's get behind the team and slap spurs next Saturday.

and people wonder why the atmosphere at home games is shit?

it's full of people like in this thread sitting on their hands, begging, waiting and praying that something goes wrong, particularly something their know-nothing forum babble pointed out, so that they can spout off to everyone "look, I'm right, it happened, see?"

people are too desperate to be right and think that social media gives them credence and status because its written rather than down the pub. They'd rather be negative, be contrary and spout shit and go to the game and hope to be right, and bask in that rather than support the team.

It's hardly shit. We are hit and miss. Today was miss. Next week we might be hit. He was never going to walk in here and make us unbeatable after a few months. If you actually look at the game, you can see what we are trying ti do it just hasn't clicked yet. Today the passing out from the back was miles better with yaya dropping deep and picking the ball up like dinho did in the first few games of the season. We will get there, it will just take time

Thing is mate there are 4 teams genuinely better than us- Win one lose one is what Stoke do , it's shit and like I say it's gutless and spineless shit - I'm not arsed getting beat but that today was fucking wank- no leaders, Aguero looks shot under Pep , it's not working and won't with this shithouseness

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.