Votes: 414 81.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 74 14.5%
  • Lose

Votes: 22 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be in paris for the Everton match treating mrs scooter, so can anybody recommend a place to watch the game (obviously somewhere romantic)!

If all fit to play:

----------------------Ederson--------------------
Walker-----Otamendi-----Laporte-----Delph
-------------------Fernandinho------------------
-----------De Bruyne----------D.Silva-----------
Sterling-------------Aguero----------------Sane

The only minor concession i'd make towards the games that follow this one is to keep Kompany on ice. We'll need his know how against Liverpool and if we are to seal the title against Utd, even if we do end up rotating a little for that game, i want him on the pitch for it. Partly because he's best suited to handle Lukaku and a big derby atmosphere but also with one eye on him being central to any potential celebrations.

While the club have clearly been managing his games since he got fit again, i do suspect Kompany could start three games in a week (Liverpool, Utd, Liverpool) but i wouldn't tax him any further beforehand. In any case, Laporte will be fully refreshed from this international break and i think Everton is one of those games where his distribution skills will prove more useful than Kompany's pure defensive abilities.

I'd view this as one of those games where you go in as strong as you can, hope to take the lead and then manage the game out from there, conserving any energy we can. Maybe withdrawing Fernandinho to protect him from a booking that would see him miss Utd and Spurs. Maybe withdrawing the likes of De Bruyne, Silva or Aguero to keep them as fresh as possible. Maybe you look to limit Delph's minutes, given how much we'll likely want him to keep tabs on Salah. All decisions you might feel able to make during the game if things go to plan. But there's no better way to prepare for Anfield than by doing what we can to keep the winning habit going.

Good points. I would go with the same line up but maybe Gundogan in for Fernandinho. That way Fern can play the next 3 games and if he gets booked against the rags, so be it. Maybe give Fern 20 minutes.

Also on Kompany would save him for pool and the derby, and depending on the result in the first leg possibly start him in the second leg.

Give Delph 60 min as a warm up for Anfield and sub one of Kev/Dave off.

My pet bluescouse is predicting we'll freeze for this one with the magnitude of the week that follows, albeit he does want us to beat the redscouse over two tough legs.

Mind you, he is a bit of a c*nt...

Good points. I would go with the same line up but maybe Gundogan in for Fernandinho. That way Fern can play the next 3 games and if he gets booked against the rags, so be it. Maybe give Fern 20 minutes.

Also on Kompany would save him for pool and the derby, and depending on the result in the first leg possibly start him in the second leg.

Give Delph 60 min as a warm up for Anfield and sub one of Kev/Dave off.
I'd go Fern and play strongest side possible.
Win this game and to all intents and purposes that's the title wrapped up.
Important to start with a morale boosting win in this the first of four crucial games.

I'd go Fern and play strongest side possible.
Win this game and to all intents and purposes that's the title wrapped up.
Important to start with a morale boosting win in this the first of four crucial games.

Usually I would agree but we got by Arsenal and Chelsea fairly easily without Fern and Everton shouldn’t be a problem either. Rather have him for Pool-rags-Pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.