Every premier league game this weekend to play French national anthem

Way over the top.

Did everyone play our stuff in 2005?

We are sadly moving towards a world where there will be a minutes applause on every other minute of the game, a minutes silence before every game and a race to show how sad we at every act.

The England game showed solidarity with France, this idea is just fucking ridiculous.

OTT if you ask me. I reckon we did our bit at the England match.
I don't think any other country played the national anthem after the London Bombings?

Listen to yourselves

You didn't play ours so we aren't playing yours.
Nar Nar na nar nar

On the one hand I think we're starting to approach overkill when it comes showing our respects at games. I can't remember another period in all the time I've been going to games where so many are marked with some kind of memorial, be it minutes applause, minutes silence and now National anthems.

On the other hand i'm happy to take part, it hardly takes much effort to show my respects and if it brings a crumb of comfort to those directly involved when hearing/seeing it then it can only be a positive thing.

I think that's known as 'sitting on the fence'...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.