Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

Just spoke to my mate his sister and niece walked past the terrorist seconds before he blew himself up. Its just horrible that like that are out there

Unpalatably I'm not sure if idealogical wars can be settled without diplomacy, even though the natural reaction is to bomb the fuck out of everyone. They live amongst us and dying is a victory for them. How do you fight that?

What does seem clear is that continuing with the same strategy that brought them into existence, in the belief they will be eliminated, is profoundly flawed.

I am suggesting that the powers that be could do more to cut people off from those that preach hate and encourage terrorism. The internet needs censoring and hate sites need closing down.

I can understand the vigils and people standing side by side and carrying on with there day to day lives which is entirely what should happen. But unless we do something this will happen again. This young man wasnt working alone. I know I am guessing but surely he must have found out how to make a bomb or been shown to via the internet and guided by others with an evil doctrine.

290phev.jpg

Very good.

On a side note, Manchesters leading tattooist are tattooing Manchester Bees this weekend at £50 a pop. All money raised going to family and victims.

Religion is just the excuse mate if it didn't exist men of evil would just find another reason to pardon their deeds, do you think for one second that brain washed simpleton last night couldn't be reprogrammed to hate enough to murder children for another reason.
I understand your point but look at all the recent attacks in Europe. They have all been for the same reason, all for the same warped version of a religion. These couple of dozen attacks aren't being perpetrated in the name of 'cheese lovers' or the Ford Owners Club.

It what you said was true then there'd be an even demographic split in the evil bastards doing such things. But there isn't. There is a very real and very serious problem with an extremist offshoot of one major religion. They don't represent that religion, my Muslim colleagues were disgusted by this attack. But without said offshoot of Wahhabi Islam, then this attack and many more like it would not have happened.

As the famous quote goes "there will always be evil men doing evil deeds and good men doing good deeds, but religion allows a good man to do an evil deed and still believe they are doing good". If humankind collectively forgot about religion for 100 years then so much suffering could be spared over the next millennium.

Been such a strange day today....a feeling of numbness, disbelief, a feeling of how....and why??
I've no idea the panic and terror the children and parents faced when the attack happened, I can't and don't want to imagine it.
Equally, knowing your child, or relative was there, and not knowing if they are safe is nothing short of torture....and as time ticks by....still no news....and realisation starts to dawn what may have happened...again, I can't comprehend it.
I'm not going to rant about who did it and why....what I will say is this....
You get one life....and who knows what may happen....so without exception.....grab that life....love those you love....and tell them so....hold them close....and cherish every moment of that loving relationship, be it your children, a partner, a friend....
Sending lots of love to you all xxx

No.

Don't do that.

The British and Americans have been bombing the Middle East for 50 years, often for our own personal gain rather than any sort of protection. We've carved it up, broke deals, and created tense situations in what is a complex multi-ethnic area. Our hands are not clean in terms of the turmoil in the area.

But we bomb military soldiers and on the odd tragic occasion, children and other innocents are caught in the cross fire.

What we don't do is look for places with the most amount of children and drop bombs designed to slice through flesh as efficiently as possible.

There's no moral equivalence here. We've done terrible things in the Middle East on a political level but on the worst days we've never degraded ourselves to this type of level. They do these things because they have a twisted fascistic ideology that states that all people are killable in order to achieve their goals, in the same way that the Nazis ranked unimportance by race.

Excellent post.

I thought the poem at the vigil was excellent, it had the hairs on the back of my neck standing up. I only watched it on the news, I can only imagine the emotions of those there

When these things happen elsewhere, they are shocking, but have a sense of distance about them

This has hit me like I would never have imagined it would - I was in the city centre yesterday and had a great day with Mrs Her and our 3 month old. We did some shopping, the sun was shining. We bumped into Gabriel Jesus and I got a picture with him, we saw Floyd Mayweather's car and had tapas and a few beers. On the way back to the car we saw lots of excited young girls going into and walking towards the Arena. To sum up, town was buzzing yesterday

Then, to hear what happened as it happened on the news was awful. I can't help but think that everyone I saw going in, is in one way or another effected by this fucking sad loner who had so little going on his life, he'd rather die in the faint hope that something better is waiting for him. It won't be

I've had a full range of emotions and thoughts all day. One of my main thoughts was, if my 3 month old could understand, how do I explain that a man has blown himself up at a child's concert in the name of God?

Apologies if I've rambled but needed to get it off my chest

My wife has just shown me a Facebook page where someone is claiming their little girl (7) is still missing, the picture is of a little blond girl(5) who attends the school my wife works at, the girl wasn't at the Arena last night and someone is using her picture for attention, the world has gone mad.

My wife has just shown me a Facebook page where someone is claiming their little girl (7) is still missing, the picture is of a little blond girl(5) who attends the school my wife works at, the girl wasn't at the Arena last night and someone is using her picture for attention, the world has gone mad.
Twitter was full of them today as well, truely sick people who just need ignoring.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.