Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

BBC News report said the sad loser only arrived back from Tripoli a few days ago.

Our security forces do an excellent job but if true, what the fck. Somebody or some policy has dropped a bollock there!

The JTAC (Joint definition of Critical is "An attack is expected imminently", as agreed with ACPO for use by the civil police and national agencies
Well seems as so people want yo start this argument.

1. Critical is also used for an ongoing attack.

2. If you actually read JTAC guidelines it's entirely a judgement call based on a bunch of different criteria and not indicative of specific intelligence

3. It was raised in 2005 and 2006 based on the inability to rule out lone wolf's.

I don't disagree; just stating the definition.

Well seems as so people want yo start this argument.

1. Critical is also used for an ongoing attack.

2. If you actually read JTAC guidelines it's entirely a judgement call based on a bunch of different criteria and not indicative of specific intelligence

3. It was raised in 2005 and 2006 based on the inability to rule out lone wolf's.

No argument but the PM has just told the country the following....

"It is now concluded on the basis of today's investigations that the threat level should be increased for the time being from severe to critical.

"This means that their assessment is not only that an attack remains highly likely but that a further attack may be imminent."

They dont raise it for shits and giggles as it has a huge cost to society in doing so.

BBC News report said the sad loser only arrived back from Tripoli a few days ago.

Our security forces do an excellent job but if true, what the fck. Somebody or some policy has dropped a bollock there!

The sad truth is, our security services simply don't have the resources to watch every "person of interest" all of the time, and no amount of chucking money at it will ever change that. That's why we all have to play our part as citizens.

Christ on a bike, the thread has descended into bitching about threat level definitions. Only on bluemoon.

Just in case there's any doubt about what was reported. Note the quote from May.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-400234...social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook

The UK terror threat level has been raised to its highest level of "critical", meaning further attacks may be imminent, Theresa May has said.

She did but she also explained that the level had been raised because at the present it was not clear if the bomber was acting alone. My interpretation of what she said was that until it was clear if there were more potential bombers the sensible thing was to raise the level, she was not saying that there was going to be another attack but yes she was not saying that there would not. I don't think the risk is any different now than it was this morning whatever the official warning level is.

Thank you lovely,it's not scaremongering being concerned about people in places less safe than where i am
What the threat levels mean
Threat levels are designed to give a broad indication of the likelihood of a terrorist attack.

• LOW means an attack is unlikely.
  • MODERATE means an attack is possible, but not likely
  • SUBSTANTIAL means an attack is a strong possibility
  • SEVERE means an attack is highly likely
  • CRITICAL means an attack is expected imminently

Think I will listen to MI5

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.