Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

Your Wife & Daughter along with the thousands of other innocent people are in my thoughts and should be at the forefront of everyone's minds and not this loser or any other loser that associates with these scum.

I hope your wife and especially daughter move on positively from there experiences and prosper in our beautiful city.

Thank you

And that has been my problem with Social Media - idiots Hopkins, Robinson et all are getting media to spew their hatred and there are enough people all over giving it out. It causes issues and further tensions on the streets.

When really we should be showing the love to the people affected.

Thank you

And that has been my problem with Social Media - idiots Hopkins, Robinson et all are getting media to spew their hatred and there are enough people all over giving it out. It causes issues and further tensions on the streets.

I cant begin to even comprehend what you and your family have gone through mate.

Thoughts are very much with you all.

What I am finding vile and disgusting, is people calling people xenophobic and jingoistic, for having the effrontery to express little more than anger and dismay, that our youth and children are being murdered in our own city.
This is the kind of hand wringing liberalism, that has got us where we are today.
Mate - we're all fucking angry but some are using that anger to suggest we become as bad as the people who want to hurt us. I'm angry but I don't intend to allow that anger to cloud my judgement or make me rush to unsuitable conclusions. The simple fact is that there is no such thing as a "Muslim" (or a Jew or a Christian) who is part of a homogeneous group that all thinks and acts the same. There is Sunni and Shia, among other groupings. Among Sunni's, there are numerous sects, including Wahhabism or Salafist. And even a majority of those are violent extremists.

So saying we should deport all Muslims or ban Islam is idiotic. And as a democratic state with an independent judiciary and bound by various laws and conventions, we have to ensure we act lawfully in everything we do.

groups such as ISIS gaining footholds. Saddam was an obvious cancer but by
Thank you

My thoughts exactly. We should honour every innocent person in that arena, the amazing emergency services and the great people of Manchester.

Social media is very dangerous and as you said is a platform for these C***S but it is also a very good tool to remember the beautiful 22 people that have tragically passed and to pass condolences to their loved ones and social media should be used positively for this reason. Unfortunately it isn't.

Mate - we're all fucking angry but some are using that anger to suggest we become as bad as the people who want to hurt us. I'm angry but I don't intend to allow that anger to cloud my judgement or make me rush to unsuitable conclusions. The simple fact is that there is no such thing as a "Muslim" (or a Jew or a Christian) who is part of a homogeneous group that all thinks and acts the same. There is Sunni and Shia, among other groupings. Among Sunni's, there are numerous sects, including Wahhabism or Salafist. And even a majority of those are violent extremists.

So saying we should deport all Muslims or ban Islam is idiotic. And as a democratic state with an independent judiciary and bound by various laws and conventions, we have to ensure we act lawfully in everything we do.

What people are suggesting is that we intern or remove those with form not the Muslims who are innocent people going about their daily lives.

What people are suggesting is that we intern or remove those with form not the Muslims who are innocent people going about their daily lives.

I'm sure some people have suggested this. Others have suggested the outlawing of Islam and religion as a whole. I'm not even sure they realise that would make criminals of many of those we cheer on at the weekend and those who run our club. It's a ridiculous notion and one I hope is being put forward from a place of immediate despair rather than a long held political belief.

This was just posted on the BBC

EXCLUSIVE: Terror hotline alert

Steve Swann

BBC Home Affairs Unit

Posted at16:35
A Muslim community worker has told BBC News that members of the public called the police anti-terrorism hotline warning about the Manchester suicide bomber’s extreme and violent views several years ago.

The BBC also understands that Abedi was in Manchester earlier this year when he told people of the value of dying for a cause and made hardline statements about suicide operations and the conflict in Libya.

The community worker – who did not want to be identified – said two people who knew Salman Abedi at college made separate calls to the police.

They had been worried that “he was supporting terrorism” and had expressed the view that “being a suicide bomber was OK.” The friends had argued with him, telling him he was wrong but had become so concerned they contacted the police.

The community worker told the BBC “all of the publicity is about Muslims not coming forward and this shows that they are coming forward and expressing their concerns.”

The calls are thought to have been made around five years ago after Abedi left school, where he was known to have smoked marijuana and mixed with gangs in south Manchester.

Greater Manchester Police said they would not comment on the claims.

Muslims are at risk of being attacked at football games and concerts just as much as any one else. Surely the Muslim community would want the radical element tarnishing the religion to be focused upon and harshly dealt with to try remove the cancerous element of it and reduce the chance of further attacks?

I'm sure some people have suggested this. Others have suggested the outlawing of Islam and religion as a whole. I'm not even sure they realise that would make criminals of many of those we cheer on at the weekend and those who run our club. It's a ridiculous notion and one I hope is being put forward from a place of immediate despair rather than a long held political belief.

I haven't seen one post suggesting this,there has however been a great deal of extrapolation inferring that posters who want the authorities to sanction removal or internment of KNOWN people of interest are xenophobic or deluded. It's plainly obvious that removing all Muslims isn't the way forward but stricter controls of the indoctrinated the govt know about needs some discussion.

Muslims are at risk of being attacked at football games and concerts just as much as any one else. Surely the Muslim community would want the radical element tarnishing the religion to be focused upon and harshly dealt with to try remove the cancerous element of it and reduce the chance of further attacks?

I would think that would absolutely be the case too mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.