Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

No point getting searched to get into the ground. Only have to have someone walk by city square/entrance/ticket office and set of a bomb, no checks whatsoever.

No point getting searched to get into the ground. Only have to have someone walk by city square/entrance/ticket office and set of a bomb, no checks whatsoever.
Wherever searches occur there will be a crowd of people waiting behind. There's no defence, it just moves the attack back a few metres.

It's a sad world we live in.

Now confirmed kids were killed, kids ffs you absolute cunts.

I have just walked through town from dilly to spinningfields, helicopter buzzing around, but you know it'like a normal day, people rushing to work, and that's as it should be, any fucker thinking about doing this and the **** last night, you won't scare this city, we will carry on and you and your warped thinking can fuck off.
You won't bring us down, divide our communities and stop us getting on with our lives.

Heart goes out to the victims and families and our emengecy services what a credit you are .

The issue is mate it quickly escalates with blame being apportioned and then we get the anger and arguments and today of all days we all need to show some respect and restraint and allow the security forces to do their jobs and gather all the facts.

I don't honk that's much of a risk mate. Most people see these atrocities for what they are. The Westminster attack was committed by Adrian from Kent. I can't remember his Arab name and I doubt many others can without googling.

What does tend to piss people off is when we are told not to mention somebody is Muslim or for that matter Christian or some other religion (particularly if religion - however misguided - is part of their motivation).

RIP the victims of this murder and my thoughts go to their friends and family.

Can't believe I've just seen some tweets from Andy Bell from the group Erasure saying it was warranted, Erasure are supporting the Robbie Williams concerts at the Ethiad next week I think he may need to rethink that one.

It is simply an act of evil to wait outside a venue filled with mainly kids and detonate a bomb. The world is a frightening place these days and it's hard to see it getting any better. Those poor families must be in pieces.

Oh shit so close to home and hearing stories from colleagues who have been touched by this directly none of them tragically thank fully my thoughts are with victims and family and friends. I have tears in my eyes I have lots of thoughts about the security of crowded venues and how things could be made safer I fear that there will be a major incident at a sporting event soon.

I endorse 100% what James Corden said

His voice broke as he spoke about the city and Mancunians’ strong spirit. Corden spoke about Manchester’s famous bands and football teams, describing the city as a ‘place full of comedy and character’. He said: "While taping our show earlier tonight, we heard the horrific news coming out of Manchester in England, that there had been an incident at Ariana Grande’s concert. We still have no real information about what’s happening. All we know is the tragic news that there are multiple fatalities and many injuries. It shocks me every time we hear this sort of news. Attacks like this can happen...but especially when there will be so many children at this concert tonight. Many of you won’t have been to Manchester, but you will definitely have heard of it. It’s famous all over the world for so many wonderful things - great football teams, Man City, Man United. It’s famous for incredible music - Oasis and Joy Division. It was the birthplace of the leader of the Suffragettes. It’s the home of the inventor of the first computer. It’s a place full of comedy and character. But when I think of Manchester, the place that I know, I think of the spirit of the people there - and I’m telling you, a more tight-knit group of people you will be hard pressed to find. Strong, proud, caring people, with community at its core. If it was even possible, the spirit of the people of Manchester will grow even stronger this evening. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in Manchester tonight - all of the staff at the [Manchester Arena], all of the security teams, all of the emergency services, Ariana and her team, and all of those families affected by tonight. We’ll all go to bed holding our little ones even tighter this evening.”

Oh shit so close to home and hearing stories from colleagues who have been touched by this directly none of them tragically thank fully my thoughts are with victims and family and friends. I have tears in my eyes I have lots of thoughts about the security of crowded venues and how things could be made safer I fear that there will be a major incident at a sporting event soon.

I endorse 100% what James Corden said

His voice broke as he spoke about the city and Mancunians’ strong spirit. Corden spoke about Manchester’s famous bands and football teams, describing the city as a ‘place full of comedy and character’. He said: "While taping our show earlier tonight, we heard the horrific news coming out of Manchester in England, that there had been an incident at Ariana Grande’s concert. We still have no real information about what’s happening. All we know is the tragic news that there are multiple fatalities and many injuries. It shocks me every time we hear this sort of news. Attacks like this can happen...but especially when there will be so many children at this concert tonight. Many of you won’t have been to Manchester, but you will definitely have heard of it. It’s famous all over the world for so many wonderful things - great football teams, Man City, Man United. It’s famous for incredible music - Oasis and Joy Division. It was the birthplace of the leader of the Suffragettes. It’s the home of the inventor of the first computer. It’s a place full of comedy and character. But when I think of Manchester, the place that I know, I think of the spirit of the people there - and I’m telling you, a more tight-knit group of people you will be hard pressed to find. Strong, proud, caring people, with community at its core. If it was even possible, the spirit of the people of Manchester will grow even stronger this evening. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in Manchester tonight - all of the staff at the [Manchester Arena], all of the security teams, all of the emergency services, Ariana and her team, and all of those families affected by tonight. We’ll all go to bed holding our little ones even tighter this evening.”

Yes - Corden got it spot on - very moving tribute by him

ISIS claiming it's a direct retaliation for British Airforce interaction in Mosul. I know they claim everything though.

If it was a properly organised thing by these lot then to target a concert with a demographic such as last night, highlights what animals we're dealing with.

Our kid is into Ariana Grande so the first thing I did was call her to make sure she'd not gone as she goes to the MEN often.

Thoughts are with everyone affected. The authorities deserve a mention for running in to help people when the threat was still there. I watched a video of parents stood anxiously waiting for their children outside the entrance, some going in to find them. Absolutely harrowing stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.