Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

Oh shit so close to home and hearing stories from colleagues who have been touched by this directly none of them tragically thank fully my thoughts are with victims and family and friends. I have tears in my eyes I have lots of thoughts about the security of crowded venues and how things could be made safer I fear that there will be a major incident at a sporting event soon.

I endorse 100% what James Corden said

His voice broke as he spoke about the city and Mancunians’ strong spirit. Corden spoke about Manchester’s famous bands and football teams, describing the city as a ‘place full of comedy and character’. He said: "While taping our show earlier tonight, we heard the horrific news coming out of Manchester in England, that there had been an incident at Ariana Grande’s concert. We still have no real information about what’s happening. All we know is the tragic news that there are multiple fatalities and many injuries. It shocks me every time we hear this sort of news. Attacks like this can happen...but especially when there will be so many children at this concert tonight. Many of you won’t have been to Manchester, but you will definitely have heard of it. It’s famous all over the world for so many wonderful things - great football teams, Man City, Man United. It’s famous for incredible music - Oasis and Joy Division. It was the birthplace of the leader of the Suffragettes. It’s the home of the inventor of the first computer. It’s a place full of comedy and character. But when I think of Manchester, the place that I know, I think of the spirit of the people there - and I’m telling you, a more tight-knit group of people you will be hard pressed to find. Strong, proud, caring people, with community at its core. If it was even possible, the spirit of the people of Manchester will grow even stronger this evening. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in Manchester tonight - all of the staff at the [Manchester Arena], all of the security teams, all of the emergency services, Ariana and her team, and all of those families affected by tonight. We’ll all go to bed holding our little ones even tighter this evening.”

Filling up here

Can't think of a worse atrocity in my life time in Britain. To target teens and kids is as low as it can go - just a utterly helpless feeling , how can anyone prevent someone sick and twisted from doing this ? Thoughts with you all Blues.

Can't believe I've just seen some tweets from Andy Bell from the group Erasure saying it was warranted, Erasure are supporting the Robbie Williams concerts at the Ethiad next week I think he may need to rethink that one.
Just checked his feed and can't see anything other than a post saying he sends love and sympathy to the people of Manchester.

Absolutely heartbreaking. From this moment on, security at the Etihad's got to be A1, and by that, I don't mean some spotty kid waving a device at you without actually knowing what he is doing. Surely we need to have cordons round the Etihad with Airline style systems and keep these checks away from the actual stadium itself( or initial checks at least) It's a really tricky subject but one that needs a total review in my opinion. These suggestions might be shite, I don't know, but if you can think of owt better, be my guest. God bless anybody affected by these vile scum cowardly bastards.

Woken up to this. Proud of the human kindness shown by those who have been helping in the aftermath. My thoughts and love go out to anyone affected by this despicable act.

Oh shit so close to home and hearing stories from colleagues who have been touched by this directly none of them tragically thank fully my thoughts are with victims and family and friends. I have tears in my eyes I have lots of thoughts about the security of crowded venues and how things could be made safer I fear that there will be a major incident at a sporting event soon.

I endorse 100% what James Corden said

His voice broke as he spoke about the city and Mancunians’ strong spirit. Corden spoke about Manchester’s famous bands and football teams, describing the city as a ‘place full of comedy and character’. He said: "While taping our show earlier tonight, we heard the horrific news coming out of Manchester in England, that there had been an incident at Ariana Grande’s concert. We still have no real information about what’s happening. All we know is the tragic news that there are multiple fatalities and many injuries. It shocks me every time we hear this sort of news. Attacks like this can happen...but especially when there will be so many children at this concert tonight. Many of you won’t have been to Manchester, but you will definitely have heard of it. It’s famous all over the world for so many wonderful things - great football teams, Man City, Man United. It’s famous for incredible music - Oasis and Joy Division. It was the birthplace of the leader of the Suffragettes. It’s the home of the inventor of the first computer. It’s a place full of comedy and character. But when I think of Manchester, the place that I know, I think of the spirit of the people there - and I’m telling you, a more tight-knit group of people you will be hard pressed to find. Strong, proud, caring people, with community at its core. If it was even possible, the spirit of the people of Manchester will grow even stronger this evening. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in Manchester tonight - all of the staff at the [Manchester Arena], all of the security teams, all of the emergency services, Ariana and her team, and all of those families affected by tonight. We’ll all go to bed holding our little ones even tighter this evening.”

I've always found him a right irritating fucker but he's nailed it with that. He's gone right up in my estimation, heart felt and sincere.
These bastards won't bring us to our knees.
Manchester half marathon and 10k this Sunday, lets hope we put on a great spectacle to the watching world, fuck the bastards.

What a vile, disgusting act. How anyone can do something so putrid and selfish is beyond me. My thoughts are with all Mancunians right now and we're all behind you.

I don't honk that's much of a risk mate. Most people see these atrocities for what they are. The Westminster attack was committed by Adrian from Kent. I can't remember his Arab name and I doubt many others can without googling.

What does tend to piss people off is when we are told not to mention somebody is Muslim or for that matter Christian or some other religion (particularly if religion - however misguided - is part of their motivation).

RIP the victims of this murder and my thoughts go to their friends and family.

Thing to remember though is GMP have requested there is no speculation as to the identity of the perpetrator at this moment as they are investigating. We shuld all respect that wish and speculate on nothing at this moment in time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.