F1 2024 season

BBC News can fuck right off.

Woke up and opened the app to check whether we’ve nuked Russia / Old Trafford has fallen into the ship canal / Rishi Sunak has tripped up over his shoelaces again as you do and bang, there’s the race result in the headline copy on the the home page.

There should be a no spoilers option on news apps ffs.
Nah come on mate that was silly from you. I spend my life not opening my phone when I catch up with European evening sport (excluding City when I’m up at 3-4am to watch us live).

Nah come on mate that was silly from you. I spend my life not opening my phone when I catch up with European evening sport (excluding City when I’m up at 3-4am to watch us live).

Didn’t expect the f1 to be slap bang in the middle of the bbc news app home page. Not like I was looking at the sport section!

Maybe Silverstone I can understand but Aussieland, ffs!

Didn’t expect the f1 to be slap bang in the middle of the bbc news app home page. Not like I was looking at the sport section!

Maybe Silverstone I can understand but Aussieland, ffs!
Well now you know.

As I say, I leave my phone by my bed when I go and watch the liver sport I’ve recorded whilst I slept. Nothings safe, Twitter, Facebook, absolutely any news site, even TikTok and especially what’s app.

Well now you know.

As I say, I leave my phone by my bed when I go and watch the liver sport I’ve recorded whilst I slept. Nothings safe, Twitter, Facebook, absolutely any news site, even TikTok and especially what’s app.

I try and stay off social media but first thing in the morning when I’m still half asleep my first thought is checking the good old BBC to see whether the world has ended lol

Most enjoyable race for a while. Sainz on a mission to bag his next drive, however i'd PMSL if Hamilton were to go to Ferrari... as a test driver, as they decide to give Sainz a first team drive instead of him.

Alonso looks bored again, not really battling or defending, quite happy to collect scraps. Shame really.

But i'm relieved to see McLaren showing signs of progress. I'm always up for Ferrari/McLaren scraps but competitively we're not quite there yet.

Most enjoyable race for a while. Sainz on a mission to bag his next drive, however i'd PMSL if Hamilton were to go to Ferrari... as a test driver, as they decide to give Sainz a first team drive instead of him.

Alonso looks bored again, not really battling or defending, quite happy to collect scraps. Shame really.

But i'm relieved to see McLaren showing signs of progress. I'm always up for Ferrari/McLaren scraps but competitively we're not quite there yet.

No surprised whatsoever with Alonso. As if he gives a single fuck about Aston and the Stroll’s. Clearly thinks they’re a load of mugs and is rinsing them, and fair play to him.

He’s picking up big dollars to be Stoll’s babysitter while he waits on the sidelines for the big shuffle of the top lads which is underway.

Joe Saward on the Missed Apex podcast was saying last week that Max could leave Red Bull at the end of the season and it’s not impossible that he walks mid season the relationship between him and Jos and Horner is that bad.

“Uncle Joe”’s reputation as an ITK is pretty solid so this summer is going to be fascinating.

Not saying Alonso to red bull but god knows who’s going to be where.

6 months ago I’d have said Ricciardo to get Perez’s seat in the summer was nailed on but he’s hardly made a case for himself so far…

Can’t wait for silly season!

No surprised whatsoever with Alonso. As if he gives a single fuck about Aston and the Stroll’s. Clearly thinks they’re a load of mugs and is rinsing them, and fair play to him.

He’s picking up big dollars to be Stoll’s babysitter while he waits on the sidelines for the big shuffle of the top lads which is underway.

Joe Saward on the Missed Apex podcast was saying last week that Max could leave Red Bull at the end of the season and it’s not impossible that he walks mid season the relationship between him and Jos and Horner is that bad.

“Uncle Joe”’s reputation as an ITK is pretty solid so this summer is going to be fascinating.

Not saying Alonso to red bull but god knows who’s going to be where.

6 months ago I’d have said Ricciardo to get Perez’s seat in the summer was nailed on but he’s hardly made a case for himself so far…

Can’t wait for silly season!

There has been endless talk, speculation and most of all, baseless gossip about this.

If I look at it logically.

Red Bull have by far the best car and it doesn't look like changing just yet. The team have an extremely reliable car and rarely make a mistake on race management.

Max is very competitive and wants to win as many championships as possible.

I find it difficult, regardless of how much shit his father or the media try to stir up, to see why Max would change to a team that may.....or may not.....deliver something equal, let alone better, than what he has at present.

Why would he change from consistently taking pole/race wins and being nailed on to win races, to be fighting for either.

Would anybody here leave the Red Bull win machine to join Mercedes, as has been spouted from very 'knowledgeable' media sources?

It would be a bit like Phil Foden leaving to join Chelsea, because they want to develop into a top class European winning team. They might, but there's a strong, might not.

There has been endless talk, speculation and most of all, baseless gossip about this.

If I look at it logically.

Red Bull have by far the best car and it doesn't look like changing just yet. The team have an extremely reliable car and rarely make a mistake on race management.

Max is very competitive and wants to win as many championships as possible.

I find it difficult, regardless of how much shit his father or the media try to stir up, to see why Max would change to a team that may.....or may not.....deliver something equal, let alone better, than what he has at present.

Why would he change from consistently taking pole/race wins and being nailed on to win races, to be fighting for either.

Would anybody here leave the Red Bull win machine to join Mercedes, as has been spouted from very 'knowledgeable' media sources?

It would be a bit like Phil Foden leaving to join Chelsea, because they want to develop into a top class European winning team. They might, but there's a strong, might not.
I don't disagree, just saying that serious people with very real insider knowledge are saying it is a possibility.

Joe Saward for example isn't some social media hype merchant, he's a serious writer with insider knowledge, and he said on Missed Apex last week that Red Bull are in a "him or me" situation with Verstappen and Horner, and the only one getting their way in that situation is Horner.

I don't disagree, just saying that serious people with very real insider knowledge are saying it is a possibility.

Joe Saward for example isn't some social media hype merchant, he's a serious writer with insider knowledge, and he said on Missed Apex last week that Red Bull are in a "him or me" situation with Verstappen and Horner, and the only one getting their way in that situation is Horner.

It doesn't make any sense to me, but this Joe is obviously far more knowledgeable than me about the workings going on in F1.

With everything that is, or isn't going on at Red Bull, if Max had pulled a trick like Alonso yesterday, then the keyboard warriors would have been frothing at the mouth and caused a social media overload. The worst they could do was try and make a comment to a mechanic into a much bigger story than it was.

As much as I think Max has developed into a great driver, if he (or his father) wants to go to Mercedes, then by all means go. I'd be more than happy to have Carlos Sainz take his place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.