FA Cup 2023-24

They don't give a shit about the match going fans do they? Everton at Palace on a Thursday night at 8 and Burnley in London at 8 on a Friday night. And what a suprise that the rags are on live TV.
I’ve noticed this 8:15 KO is creeping in more too, it’s a bloody nightmare for us early risers!

A few news outlets are reporting fans are pissed off at the choice of games for TV coverage. I agree, but broadcasters are always going to choose such games. What is more annoying is the lack of concern for away fans regarding kick-off times.

United were going to be on regardless of the opponents but I don’t actually mind it this time. That’s the sort of game they should be looking at.

Sunderland, Newcastle picks itself aswell.

But the other two ITV picks are awful. They’ll spend an hour both times pre game trying to convince the audience that the magic of the cup is still as strong as ever and then treat us to, two all Premier league clashes, that wouldn’t even be particularly attractive league games. Even less so when all four teams no doubt put out virtual reserve teams.

Would miles rather watch some lower/ non league teams having a crack against higher up opposition.

Can someone explain something please:
Barnsley were kicked out the FA Cup for fielding an ineligible player against Horsham in the 1st Round. - No problem as it seems to be the standard FA punishment.
Forest Green Rovers played an ineligible player against Scarborough Athletic in the first round and the tie is to be replayed.
What is the difference or were there mitigating circumstances in the FGR case?

A few news outlets are reporting fans are pissed off at the choice of games for TV coverage. I agree, but broadcasters are always going to choose such games. What is more annoying is the lack of concern for away fans regarding kick-off times.
Said for donkey's years it's always going to be 'Whoever's Been Drawn Against Manchester United vs Manchester United' regarding choices for live tv coverage of the FA Cup after round three.

Same as with the awe and the breathy, hushed tones adopted by Len Martin, Tim Gudgeon, James Alexander Gordon et al over the decades when reading the footy results of a Saturday afternoon.. 'Norwich City 1 The Legend That Is Manchester United 2'

And you're bang on the money regarding away fans travelling huge distances for these later kick-offs. It was bad enough what they did to our fans a just a few years back when the Liverpool league game was scheduled at tea-time on New Year's Eve.. now it's even later kick-off times (Toon fans been particularly hard done to of late)

Then again, us fans who actually go to games are always last in the pecking order for any consideration..

Can someone explain something please:
Barnsley were kicked out the FA Cup for fielding an ineligible player against Horsham in the 1st Round. - No problem as it seems to be the standard FA punishment.
Forest Green Rovers played an ineligible player against Scarborough Athletic in the first round and the tie is to be replayed.
What is the difference or were there mitigating circumstances in the FGR case?

It seems the difference was that the Forest Green player was actually registered as their player and eligible as long as they had individual permission from the club he was on loan from, Huddersfield, to play in the cup. Which it appears they didn’t.

Whist the Barnsley player simply wasn’t a Barnsley player at the time of the original tie. He was out on loan and registered to play for York. So there was never any question that he would have been eligible for a replay.

Saturday afternoon games aren't good for me but most fans seem to prefer saturday afternoons, so not being on TV is good for the majority of match goers and that's fine by me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.