FA Cup QF Draw | Newcastle (H) | Sat 16 Mar 17:30

However it doesn't seem to go to open sale anymore to fans with a 'purchase history' ie: have attended a number of games In previous years, or has that concept simply been lost in the current 'business model' and the club don't care who gets them?

Isn’t selling one ticket to season ticket holders and those who currently pay for a membership, the exact opposite of them non caring who gets tickets?

I’d have thought banging them on open sale or more than one ticket each, before every current member has had a chance, as more of an argument for not caring where they go?

As an over 65 I get my season card discounted to £20 per game for all PL games.
But the same seat is £32.50 for me in a FA Cup quarter final. (£10 for the same competition vs Huddersfield).
Baffling how they come up with some of these ticket prices.
CB L2, my mate who is just 65 has the Copenhagen ticket discounted from £50 to £45 and the Newcastle one is £37.50 from £45.

There’s 3 of us who sit together who will be 65 in May, we were expecting heavily discounted tickets for next season £925 this) but I said to one of them last night I think these cup prices are an indicator of a new policy. Can see a small discount but not the 50% that has been the norm recently.

CB L2, my mate who is just 65 has the Copenhagen ticket discounted from £50 to £45 and the Newcastle one is £37.50 from £45.

There’s 3 of us who sit together who will be 65 in May, we were expecting heavily discounted tickets for next season £925 this) but I said to one of them last night I think these cup prices are an indicator of a new policy. Can see a small discount but not the 50% that has been the norm recently.
Doubt that very much unless they were to change it for all those currently getting the 50% reduction which would piss off an awful lot of fans. Mind you on reflection they might see it as another way to get rid of FOCs on season tickets who contribute less than other fans. That would be pretty cynical though but suppose can't be ruled out the way the club operate these days.

I honestly think that an over 65 season card (for 19 PL games) will stay at half the price of an adult season card.
It's the various cup competitions (domestic and European) where City don't do a big discount for over 65s.
It's the same at Wembley where the FA give a tenner off full price.
So it's likely that The Etihad will be full of tourists for cup competitions ( it already is on European nights).

Doubt that very much unless they were to change it for all those currently getting the 50% reduction which would piss off an awful lot of fans. Mind you on reflection they might see it as another way to get rid of FOCs on season tickets who contribute less than other fans. That would be pretty cynical though but suppose can't be ruled out the way the club operate these days.
I could see our seats (padded ones in CB2) being classed as the same as the 93.20 and Joe’s equivalent in the East Stand (we were in there originally) and given the choice of paying the premium which I think is around £1500 now or moving to the new North Stand when it’s finished.

If that’s the case hopefully we’d get priority (along with existing fans in there) in choosing new seats, I wouldn’t mind level 2 in the new stand but would miss my padded seat! Think all seats in the Stadium should be upgraded anyway regardless of where they are.

I honestly think that an over 65 season card (for 19 PL games) will stay at half the price of an adult season card.
It's the various cup competitions (domestic and European) where City don't do a big discount for over 65s.
So it's likely that The Etihad will be full of tourists for cup competitions ( it already is on European nights).
Just as an aside where do you sit and what’s the annual cost for your over 65 ticket?

It isn't full of tourists on european nights,won't be for cup games either, there are some but nowhere near full. Some of the best atmospheres too so not all bad.

It isn’t really fair comparing 1/19th of the price of a season ticket with an individual cup ticket.

You’re getting a heavily discounted price for the commitment of buying for the whole season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.