Fabian Delph 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Maybe it's just me but I never wish a player to be sold, unless it's clearly what they want.

Delph looks unlikely to stay much longer, but really, how many EPL clubs would gamble on someone with his injury record? Hope he can get a good move- think WBA or Palace would be a good fit for him.
So are you saying if they don't want to go, we should keep them until they retire? I'm sorry pal, but there is half a dozen players in our squad who are just not good enough anymore and sentiments aside, will be moved on at the end of the season and tbh, the only reason they haven't gone sooner is not many clubs will pay the big wages they're on hence all the loan deals we have in place.

So are you saying if they don't want to go, we should keep them until they retire? I'm sorry pal, but there is half a dozen players in our squad who are just not good enough anymore and sentiments aside, will be moved on at the end of the season and tbh, the only reason they haven't gone sooner is not many clubs will pay the big wages they're on hence all the loan deals we have in place.

I'm not saying we should keep them, but I don't sit here going "Oh I can't wait for us to sell them!".
Huge difference.

Haven't seen it mentioned much elsewhere but with fernandinho's third red of the season I think it needs addressing in January. Before I start, I actually rate him when he is fit, but it seems he is never fit or not up to pep's standards.

Delph is one of our 4 home grown players in the champions league list and as such he will needs to be replaced with another homegrown player. If we had kept Hart it wouldn't be an issue, but as of right now he is a waste of a spot and undroppable as we wouldn't meet the requisite requirements if I am not mistaken. It's yet another area of the pitch we need to address, but with only yaya and Fernando available we could do with a homegrown midfielder replacing Delph in the squad as he is a waste at the moment.

Ideally I think mooy (was at bolton's academy) would fill this role next season, but it needs fixing now. I have no quick fixes in mind though as homegrown players up to our standard are scarce. Garcia deserves a shot, but I see pep more likely to drop silva back or something.

Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.