Failed managers as pundits

Big Swifty

It has struck me how some ex-managers with rubbish track records have become pundits and comment on the quality of present managers. Admittedly, some of these were stopgaps or temporary appointments, but they never say "I can tell you from my own experience that managing is not easy".

I am thinking of Quinn, Shearer, and Gary Neville. Could some statto list their managerial record for us? It might be quite illuminating. Going back a bit, Sir Stanley Matthews and R Charlton tried it, but were rubbish at it.

Who'll be the next pundit - Bradley from Swansea?

Those who can manage, manage. Those who can't are available for media duties.

Last edited:
You'd think we'd hire charismatic, eloquent people with a good knowledge of the game but that's far too logical for some.

These failures build up relationships with their media buds to get the gigs. Some also work for betting firms which makes you wonder if they are told to say some things to boost or reduce odds on matches.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'd think we'd hire charismatic, eloquent people with a good knowledge of the game but that's far too logical for some.

Irish TV gave Clinton Morrison a chance on Irish football....... he be like, d`ya get me?

Silly thing is he s oblivious to it, so it`s harmless.

WTF! Troy Deeney on the telly??? clearly stuck in remedial class.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.