Fans paying players at Southampton

bluenova

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/apr/27/southampton-future-threat-buyer

Sad if Southampton do go bust but these things seem never to be quite as doom and gloomy as it appears. But reading this it's a little offensive that they're appealing to fans for resuce funds when it mantions that "The ­players are understood to have been paid last week thanks only to £130,000 raised by fans under a Save Our Saints appeal."

Even at Championship level, the vast majority of those fans can only dream of earning a fraction of the pay the players are getting. Are there no players at Southampton with the brains to realise that the fans that have been paying their wages by watching games live, on tv and buying merchandise might just deserve a bit more loyalty. If you're earning 10 or 20k a year then missing a weeks wages is difficult, but when you earn thousands a week it's just not the same kind of hardship.

Thing is Southampton fans are stupid enough to pay their players wages!!

Would be sad to see any club go out of buissness........but their is next to NO sympathy for their fans from other supporters down here. They are seen in a similar light to the likes of Bolton/Wigan are to most people on this forum!

bluenova said:

Sad if Southampton do go bust but these things seem never to be quite as doom and gloomy as it appears. But reading this it's a little offensive that they're appealing to fans for resuce funds when it mantions that "The ­players are understood to have been paid last week thanks only to £130,000 raised by fans under a Save Our Saints appeal."

Even at Championship level, the vast majority of those fans can only dream of earning a fraction of the pay the players are getting. Are there no players at Southampton with the brains to realise that the fans that have been paying their wages by watching games live, on tv and buying merchandise might just deserve a bit more loyalty. If you're earning 10 or 20k a year then missing a weeks wages is difficult, but when you earn thousands a week it's just not the same kind of hardship.

R.I.P. Southampton

Hope they don't go out of businss like but if they're parent company goes bust its just tough shit.
Take City, if the shiekhs pull out we're bust as well.

ctid

wearethenorthstand said:
Which is why I thank our lucky stars every day that it wasn't the mob from Dubai that bought us.

wearethenorthstand said:
bluenova said:

R.I.P. Southampton

Hope they don't go out of businss like but if they're parent company goes bust its just tough shit.

ctid

Their 'parent company' is basically a name covering the club and stadium (it doesn't trade).

Bottom line is the CLUB is what is going bust.

As I understand it, it's not a parent company but a holding company which absorbs the income and out-goings of SFC, so that when the holding company goes pop, so does the club. The League have unsurprisingly seen through this. I heard the chariman being interviewed and, in my unsubstantiated view, he is little more than a spiv with attitude, and not a good one at that.

Unless there is a miracle buyer, I am afriad that they may soon be history. Can we keep that FA Cup from 1976 just for 'security reasons'?

Anyway, wearethenothstand, I cannot see that the Sheikhs would simply 'pull out'. Nothing is forever but these guys are longtermers who would sell on. Pulling out infers not selling for a profit which doesn't strike me as the type of behaviour that you associate with successful billionaires. Didn't the little tinker laugh all the way to his off-shore accounts when he sold to ADUG?

coleridge said:
As I understand it, it's not a parent company but a holding company which absorbs the income and out-goings of SFC, so that when the holding company goes pop, so does the club. The League have unsurprisingly seen through this. I heard the chariman being interviewed and, in my unsubstantiated view, he is little more than a spiv with attitude, and not a good one at that.

Correct......better explained than my post!

Can't remember who the 'official' chairman is now....there's been 3 guys swapping around for a while. The one they hate most was probably not as bad as the other 2!

Im glad the FA saw sense through all this "its the not club in administration, its the parent company " stuff.

The Laws in the UK are an arse when it comes to this. Its way too easy for people to place companies into liquidation and start up fresh again leaving other people out of pocket. trying to get your money back through the courts is a joke. One case we won, the judge awarded in our favour in March, and then gave us a December 19th court date. We paid extra to have it brought forward and they changed it to 18th Dec. Only people the system works for is solicitors and the defendants.

One company we dealt with placed one of thier franchise into administration and cost us a few thousand. Months later asked us to do more work for another of thier franchise's and wondered why we now insisted on pre-payment only from them.

These days, we just employ heavy debt collection agencies to recover monies.

Back on track, glad its not us, but they have been horribly mis-managed off the pitch for years

Don't know the exact details at Southampton but presume it's much the same as City.

There is a holding company called Manchester City Limited, which owns all the shares in Manchester City Football Club Limited (plus a couple of other companies, Manchester City Properties Limited and Manchester City Investments Limited).

Virtually all normal income and expenditure goes through Manchester City Football Club Limited and virtually all the assets and liabilities are held in the subsidiaries as well. At year-end the figures from the three subsidiaries are consolidated into the accounts of the holding company. Generall speaking, the only item held in the accounts of the holding company will be an asser incorporating the directors' loans. This will offset the equivalent liability on the books of the MCFC Ltd.

So the holding company is an essentially meaningless entity from a business point of view merely there to keep the assets of the subsidiaries separate. All trading is done via the subsidiaries.

As i have said on other posts on Southampton, 99% of City fans dont care about what happens to southampton. Geographicaly it might as well be on the moon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.