Favourite Yaya moment?

The Villa goal, probably sums up Yaya perfectly, and he deserved to score it to cap off an amazing season, a colossus and a one off, a prime Yaya would walk into our all time 11 in most fans eyes I would imagine.

1. FA Cup final goal
2. Newcastle away goal
3. League Cup final wonder goal
4. FA Cup semi final goal
5. That moment in the 2012 title run-in derby when Phil Jones burst out of defence on the attack only for Yaya to run him down, throw him off the ball and run back up the pitch with it
6. The goal against Villa in the 2014 title run-in when he ran about 3/4 the length of the pitch
7. When he picked up Adam Lallana (fucking wannabe-hardman little gimp) in the League Cup final
8. Winning penalty in the League Cup final
9. His songs "Ya ya ya, Yayayaya Yayayaya Toooouuuurééé", Yaya-Kolo dance (it even started a craze!), "So before he breaks away and he scores...."
10. 24 goals in 2013-14

I could go on and on. I don't give a shit about all that cake/contract shit, Yaya Touré is arguably in the top three Premier League players with Henry and CRonaldo and arguably THE most important City player of all time. The love I have for that man is huge.

There have been games where he's had 125 passes with 95% pass completion, there have been games where he's just played it and the other 21 players on the pitch have danced around the way he's wanted them to. I've seen Messi and CRonaldo live a number of times yet I've never seen a better live performance from any footballer as good as Yaya was that night we beat the Rags 1-0 at home in 2012. Has anyone scored as many important goals for this club?

Yaya Touré, you are the epitome of a club legend and you will be missed! What a player, what a fantastic player!

Last edited by a moderator:
1. FA Cup final goal
2. Newcastle away goal
5. That moment in the 2012 title run-in derby when Phil Jones burst out of defence on the attack only for Yaya to run him down, throw him off the ball and run back up the pitch with it
6. The goal against Villa in the 2014 title run-in when he ran about 3/4 the length of the pitch
7. When he picked up Adam Lallana (fucking wannabe-hardman little gimp) in the League Cup final
9. His songs "Ya ya ya, Yayayaya Yayayaya Toooouuuurééé", Yaya-Kolo dance (it even started a craze!), "So before he breaks away and he scores...."
10. 24 goals in 2013-14

I could go on and on. I don't give a shit about all that cake/contract shit, Yaya Touré is arguably in the top three Premier League players with Henry and CRonaldo and arguably THE most important City player of all time. The love I have for that man is huge.

There have been games where he's had 125 passes with 95% pass completion, there have been games where he's just played it and the other 21 players on the pitch have danced around the way he's wanted them to. I've seen Messi and CRonaldo live a number of times yet I've never seen a better live performance from any footballer as good as Yaya was that night we beat the Rags 1-0 at home in 2012. Has anyone scored as many important goals for this club?

Yaya Touré, you are the epitome of a club legend and you will be missed! What a player, what a fantastic player!

Difficult to put it better.

One of a kind. A colossus. A privilege & a pleasure.

He has been involved in so many huge moments for us. Wembley was his ground. He was even our best player there this year.

He is up there with Silva as our best player over the last 6 years for me.

1. FA Cup final goal
2. Newcastle away goal
10. 24 goals in 2013-14

Great post. We have been very lucky to have him all though his prime. Worth every penny of his wages.

My only regret is that fucking agent of his.

Choke slamming that scouse twat at Wembley has to be up there

The best big game player we've ever had imo. Also a testement to his overall skill that he doesn't have those lung bursting runs anymore yet he can still set the tempo and control the game. Think he has probably 2 more decent years left in his tank so whoever gets him will be a lucky team.

Nice this thread because I like many haven't forgot what he's done but probably appreciated it less after the last few years. Hard to decide between two fa cup goals or the first at Newcastle. I said after the 14 title win we should of sold him him, he would of had a complete unrarnished reputation then.

He was the man for the big occasion alright and I am glad if it is his last year it's ended with him knuckling down and putting in a shift, been in a different role this year but has rolled back the years.

Newcastle away first goal, was sat/stood in level 5 as it curved in, what a goal, and quite late in the match too.

PS I still think he might be with us next season

PPS the fourth v Villa was amazing, and the semi final winner v scum was club-changing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.