Favourite Yaya moment?

The villa goal for me he was running straight at us and we all thought yes come on Yaya and he duely obliged. Closely followed by the semi against united. I also remember him just shrugging a carrick tackle off like a fly in a derby once. It was impossible to tackle him when he was at his prime, he rearly loses the ball now even.

Far too many moments to mention. It's been a privilege to watch him in a Blue shirt. Obviously the semi-final goal against United was a special moment, as were the goals at Newcastle when we won the league, and the unbelievable finish against Sunderland in the League Cup final.

A particular favourite moment of mine though was when Adam Lallana squared up to him in last season's League Cup final.

1. FA Cup final goal
2. Newcastle away goal
3. League Cup final wonder goal
4. FA Cup semi final goal
5. That moment in the 2012 title run-in derby when Phil Jones burst out of defence on the attack only for Yaya to run him down, throw him off the ball and run back up the pitch with it
6. The goal against Villa in the 2014 title run-in when he ran about 3/4 the length of the pitch
7. When he picked up Adam Lallana (fucking wannabe-hardman little gimp) in the League Cup final
8. Winning penalty in the League Cup final
9. His songs "Ya ya ya, Yayayaya Yayayaya Toooouuuurééé", Yaya-Kolo dance (it even started a craze!), "So before he breaks away and he scores...."
10. 24 goals in 2013-14

I could go on and on. I don't give a shit about all that cake/contract shit, Yaya Touré is arguably in the top three Premier League players with Henry and CRonaldo and arguably THE most important City player of all time. The love I have for that man is huge.

There have been games where he's had 125 passes with 95% pass completion, there have been games where he's just played it and the other 21 players on the pitch have danced around the way he's wanted them to. I've seen Messi and CRonaldo live a number of times yet I've never seen a better live performance from any footballer as good as Yaya was that night we beat the Rags 1-0 at home in 2012. Has anyone scored as many important goals for this club?

Yaya Touré, you are the epitome of a club legend and you will be missed! What a player, what a fantastic player!
Struggling to argue against this. Great post.
Maybe add the time he got caught out in Uxbridge or was it Romford?

Remember the reaction from the players at Palace away this season? They adore him and so do we. I think he will stay one more year, depends how Gundogan is shaping up. But for me and true club legend. A boss

Moment wise was telling scoles to shut the fuck up after ginger pig tried to ruffle him, it showed the difference in class.
Best goal would be the semi final.

I think this sums up prime Yaya better than any other.

That goal, had it been scored by a 20 something year old centre forward, would have put a £100M price tag on him...alas, he was supposedly "just" an aging "defensive midfielder" Simply brilliant surge.

For me, best goal, both for the moment, the team, and the location, it has to be Semi-final winning goal, against the Rags, at Wembley, which resulted in us returning to a team that wins silverware....but that top corner Wembley goal in the Sunderland final? WOW!!

Last edited:
Big game player... i personally got the most joy out of the FA cup final goal although the newcastle goal was probably more important

Absolutely love Yaya. I've got nothing but fond memories of him.

For me the biggest goal was Newcastle. I just had a feeling we'd lose that one and miss our chance but the big man delivered twice in stunning fashion. Very nervy game that one and Yaya put the team on his back and got the job done.

I wonder if in a few years time the rags will have a similar thread about fellaini, reminiscing about his best bits and his wonder goal in the europa league semi final lol

Very hard to pick a favourite

Gun to head for importance that one leads to the others I'd have to go for Semi v United

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.