FC Basel V Manchester City - Post-Match Thread

What's all the arguing about, or have I missed something?

We weren't at our most composed tonight, but even so it was still good enough to win 0-4 away in the knockout rounds of the CL.

I'm sure if we progress & meet stiffer opposition, we'll see performances that matche the occasion & opposition. We know what we're capable of & should just enjoy the victory, whilst not kidding ourselves it was utterly perfect.

Whatever wasn't perfect tonight, we should trust Pep to sort it..

Official statement from Basel, they have apologised unreservedly for not being Real Madrid, the official response from Manchester City is that they realise they may have to play slightly better against better opposition and would, in turn like to apologise to twerps on the internet for the 4 misplaced passes made this evening, they promise to try harder against Wigan Athletic.
Lol :-)

Official statement from Basel, they have apologised unreservedly for not being Real Madrid, the official response from Manchester City is that they realise they may have to play slightly better against better opposition and would, in turn like to apologise to twerps on the internet for the 4 misplaced passes made this evening, they promise to try harder against Wigan Athletic.

I swear to god if we make a mistake against Wigan who are a pub team and only win the game by several goals I ain’t watching the next round against a better side. It might be a different side we pick or the players mentality might be different but fuck it we can’t expect to win anything if we are going to be that sloppy.

Why can’t we be completely faultless like that other team that never existed F.C. Fifa 2012 or something.

Stop your fucking crying.

Im a poster first and foremost on here and have been since 2008 and im admin 2nd.

I'm not the only one to call you out on your bullshit either so why you feel the need to bring me being a mod into anything is frankly fucking embarrassing for you.

You want a forum were you can say what you want? You have it as long as its within the code of conduct.

You want a forum where your opinion is never challenged? Tough you are in the wrong place.

Feel a post has overstepped the mark, including mine? Report them instead of moaning on the open forum, especially when its mod bashing which incidentally is against the code of conduct but i will let you off tonight seeing you are oh so hard done by.

Hahaha. You're still at it and it's pathetic. You didn't challenge my opinion in any way. You selectively quoted one line from several and then ridiculed it which is easy to do in isolation as there is no context.

If you wish to go back to what was a reasonable and considered post about our performance tonight then feel free to.

As far as moaning on the open forum that is all you have done since the full time whistle. None as blind as them that refuse to see.

Goodnight 2nd moderator.

Well I'm specifically referring to the guy getting 20 yards clear through on goal from an aimless ball over the top, where he decided to inexplicably poke it first time harmlessly. That was a gift that he chose not to take. Then Nico seemingly getting bored and deciding to just foul there guy in the box instead of just defend it properly. Another gift, but the referee didn't give it. Then the third would be the unmarked far post header from about 6 yards that the guy put harmlessly wide, all coming from the scraps of another fairly aimless long ball over the top that we just didn't deal with. I'd back most Championship sides to bury those chances (as Bristol did)

Defensively that was as poor as we've been this season in my opinion, regardless of them not taking their chances. I don't think we've let teams get chances as easily as we did today, without them coming up with good play or really putting us under pressure
We won 4-0 and defended poorly you say?

Although I feel we have to play them, to prove the last statement, I agree.
It boils my piss when people come out with the old media crap, that we'll have to play better against better sides.
No shit Sherlock and we will. We switched off at times tonight and that's not surprising considering the opposition.

Time will tell , this club is a different animal with Pep in charge in comparison to Pellers and Bobby's tenures , no disrespect to our previous great managers , but Pep and Khladoon will not rest until we have won everything in sight , and i really am struggling to find a negative about our club (even the queues at the turnstiles are bearable now :), which is why, like you , it boils my piss to see unneccesary nit picking in a 4-0 european away win , whilst ignoring the sheer overall brilliance of the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.