Ferguson written letter to fans

I want to make a point about JM, as some blues seem offended by his presence. Putting the COC to one side (which says he is as entitled to post here as anyone imo) I am bound to ask: why is that the case?

My dislike of many aspects of united, their manager and many of their supporters is clear from from my posts, for anyone who cares to read them, but the reality is that my immediate family and some of my closest friends are united fans. So whilst I dislike the club, I guess I must feel that my dislike is only important up to a point. What can be more important than your friends and family, after all?

The General Football Forum needs fans from other clubs to give it vitality and a different perspective. Those are both positive ingredients, surely? I find Rag WUM's to be as tiresome as anyone (especially those sad fucks masquerading as blues), but that is all the more reason to accept the odd united fan who is open about his allegiance. I don't want fans of other clubs to be 'Uncle Tom' type figures, kowtowing to us and blowing smoke up our arses. I want to be challenged. I want my opinions to be tested. JM walks the right line in terms of that imo and for that, as far as I'm concerned, he is most welcome.

I also agree with his overall perspective on Ferguson. To say he only ever does something for himself is an over-simplification imo. Human beings are infinitely complex creatures. Anyone who has seen the film 'Downfall' may recognise this (not trying to compare Taggart to Hitler btw! - although when you think about it... ;-). People who have darkness in their hearts are still capable of acts of kindness, just as good people can do bad things. Life isn't a pantomime. I think Ferguson cares greatly about his club and recognises that a letter with his name on it will reduce the likelihood of the 'good name' of his club being further tarnished in relation to Hillsborough, but also because he probably believes that the families of the 96 people who died that awful day should not have to hear chants alluding to their 'victim mentality' on a day like today. That hardly makes him a saint. He is a bully, and in the main a very nasty person who has many questions to answer, which no-one in the press appears to have the bollocks to ask him, but even he isn't evil personified. To believe so falls hopelessly short of understanding what it is to be human imo.

any rags spending so much time on here can only mean one thing

they know there's just going to be post after post abusing their team so it can only mean deep down they agree with it :)

there's a part of them, buried by years of gloryhunting success, that's blue and that part gets nourished on here

either that or in their personal life they're the type that likes to be tied up, dog-collared, whipped and punished :)

squirtyflower said:
JM Mcr said:
[
Maybe you should just take this letter at face value
others have said what they think of him far more eloquently than any apologist

you only have to listen to Paddy Barclay, his official biographer, about how odious he finds him
He is the only one who i have ever heard take ferguson on,I take it there must of been a big fallout somewhere.
When he's bad mouthing him on the supplement the others just sit there mouths open.
Good old paddy,although I think he came a cropper with some ill timed heysal comments earlier in the year on twitter,which he later apologised for.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I want to make a point about JM, as some blues seem offended by his presence. Putting the COC to one side (which says he is as entitled to post here as anyone imo) I am bound to ask: why is that the case?

My dislike of many aspects of united, their manager and many of their supporters is clear from from my posts, for anyone who cares to read them, but the reality is that my immediate family and some of my closest friends are united fans. So whilst I dislike the club, I guess I must feel that my dislike is only important up to a point. What can be more important than your friends and family, after all?

The General Football Forum needs fans from other clubs to give it vitality and a different perspective. Those are both positive ingredients, surely? I find Rag WUM's to be as tiresome as anyone (especially those sad fucks masquerading as blues), but that is all the more reason to accept the odd united fan who is open about his allegiance. I don't want fans of other clubs to be 'Uncle Tom' type figures, kowtowing to us and blowing smoke up our arses. I want to be challenged. I want my opinions to be tested. JM walks the right line in terms of that imo and for that, as far as I'm concerned, he is most welcome.

I also agree with his overall perspective on Ferguson. To say he only ever does something for himself is an over-simplification imo. Human beings are infinitely complex creatures. Anyone who has seen the film 'Downfall' may recognise this (not trying to compare Taggart to Hitler btw! - although when you think about it... ;-). People who have darkness in their hearts are still capable of acts of kindness, just as good people can do bad things. Life isn't a pantomime. I think Ferguson cares greatly about his club and recognises that a letter with his name on it will reduce the likelihood of the 'good name' of his club being further tarnished in relation to Hillsborough, but also because he probably believes that the families of the 96 people who died that awful day should not have to hear chants alluding to their 'victim mentality' on a day like today. That hardly makes him a saint. He is a bully, and in the main a very nasty person who has many questions to answer, which no-one in the press appears to have the bollocks to ask him, but even he isn't evil personified. To believe so falls hopelessly short of understanding what it is to be human imo.

Couldn't agree more.

I was talking to a rag in the pub last night, who's going to Anfaild today, he was joking, saying "Maybe we can heal some old wounds with the scouse shit tomorrow, by all singing 'Dale Cregan is our mate he kills coppers." He thought he was hilarious.

Classy.

Wreckless Alec said:

Couldn't agree more.

Barclay wanked himself stupified last Sunday about Taggart.

Balti said:
I'm surprised he can write tbh

"See yous! Yer my bess pals, so y'are. Yer fekkin' brellyent yoos are.

"Ah really love yous all, ken?

"Ye couldn't lend us fifty per fer a cuppa, could yous?

"Hic!"

The cookie monster said:
What a legacy he will leave gdm
Their club playing second fiddle to us.
This season is vital in that regard imo. It is vital we retain the title. He will be faced with a very difficult decision if that happens, as I suspect he has promised himself he will go when he next wins the league, but if it doesn't happen this season he will be like a drunken gambler at a Vegas roulette table: do I walk away now, or do I go again, at the risk of failing and it being a large part of what I was remembered for.

I personally think it is not in his DNA to walk away a beaten man, but we shall see :-)

He is seriously at risk of becoming Brian Clough MKII

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.