Fernandinho - 2017/18 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think replacing Dino is one of the biggest challenges the club faces. He's not just a defensive/holding midfielder, he's much more than that. His positional sense and the way he reads the game allows others to work their magic in Pep's system. I don't think we have a player in the squad who can do the same job so it's a real worry if he gets injured. I'd give him at least another year during which time we can, hopefully, find a "Dino Mark 2"
Spot on. Where do we find his equal ?

“This type of player”? In what sense? Build? Playing style? Role? Temperament? Fitness level?

Yaya’s decline was predicted by many on here.

Not sure I’m in tune with your theory of motivation either. This lad’s always up for it.

I’d offer him very favourable terms for a further year and I’d offer it now.

"This type of player" alludes to a box to box high energy player. It doesn't last forever.

His motivation is fine, but holding off right now stops him getting comfortable.

Well, his form was dropping off over the previous 2 seasons
You not think Pep using him as a utility player in a number of positions of may have contributed to that assertion? I'm not saying you are wrong btw just saying his greatest contributions are in CDM where he is back to playing full time this season and his performances are back to script

You not think Pep using him as a utility player in a number of positions of may have contributed to that assertion? I'm not saying you are wrong btw just saying his greatest contributions are in CDM where he is back to playing full time this season and his performances are back to script
Possibly, at least contributed to it anyway. Actually think i might have made that exact point previously! But i think even when he was playing in central midfield last season, he wasn't up to his standard (again, perhaps just a lack of rhythm). If it was a younger player it's easier to write off bad form as bad form, but when it happens to someone Fernandinho's age, you can start to question whether it's temporary or permanent decline.

Brilliant player. Wish we had signed him 5 years earlier. But no doubt he'll be back.

Spot on. Where do we find his equal ?

Fernandinho is unique, but we've been linked to Julian Weigl at Dortmund a lot. His form hasn't been good this season, but he's rated very highly and Barcelona and PSG are also said to be interested

Would be a pity if he left and a potential problem. You don't just replace the skill set he provides quickly. I expect the club is working on a contract as well as an eventual replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.