Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
johnmc said:
Think its a positive that Paulinho is in the prem as well. They are fighting for the same spot in the national team and he will know that.
I wouldn't say they are. Fernandinho is more likely in direct compeition for a place in midfield for Brazil with Ramires from Chelsea.

I think Paulinho or Gustavo will play alongside Ramires or Fernandinho. All four are very good players.

Caveman said:
johnmc said:
Think its a positive that Paulinho is in the prem as well. They are fighting for the same spot in the national team and he will know that.
I wouldn't say they are. Fernandinho is more likely in direct compeition for a place in midfield for Brazil with Ramires from Chelsea.

I think Paulinho or Gustavo will play alongside Ramires or Fernandinho. All four are very good players.
Yes, Brazil have very good options in midfield.

Great interview with Fernandinho, he comes across fantastically well. All the signs point to him being a big success for us.

johnmc said:

i watched that Paulinho yesterday and thought he was a good contender for the 'slowest you've seen' thread.

I notice that Goal.com player ratings thought he was man of the match. Watching him closely there are so many subtle things that he does beautifully. Quick passing, clever dispossession of the opposition, tracking back and forth (he seems to have an inexhaustible engine).

Given it was his first game in the Prem he really looks to be worth every penny.

I thought he really looked the part last night, controlled the game in the middle, and while this was only his first real game, after a few more weeks, he will really start to show his quality. always wanting the ball and 99% of the time passing it to a team mate, ;)

Looks a very good signing

Reminded me of Viera in his pomp. Tenacious to the point where I thought he was definitely going to see red ... fantastic with and without the ball ... just looks world class. I'd be interested to know if anyone thinks there is a better central midfield player in the league than Yaya or Fernandinho because to my mind they are head and shoulders the best two and it's in that position and that's where we will win the important games against our nearest rivals. I can see Carrick, Clevereley, Lampard, and Ramires getting whiplash trying to deal with them!

BillyShears said:
Reminded me of Viera in his pomp. Tenacious to the point where I thought he was definitely going to see red ... fantastic with and without the ball ... just looks world class. I'd be interested to know if anyone thinks there is a better central midfield player in the league than Yaya or Fernandinho because to my mind they are head and shoulders the best two and it's in that position and that's where we will win the important games against our nearest rivals. I can see Carrick, Clevereley, Lampard, and Ramires getting whiplash trying to deal with them!

In the UCL last year this exactly happened when Shakhtar ran riot against Chavski. He utterly owned Ramires.

Just thrilled to have this guy. Top class signing in every way. Will just help immensely and you could see why all evening yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.