Feyenoord (H) Post-Match Thread

I think what was shown is that Leroy our most important player. Not best (KDB), but most important. With him in the side up high and wide he stretches the pitch where opposition defences have to be aware of him running in behind. By doing so he opens up the midfield for Silva and DeBruyne. It was a bit clogged in the middle in tonight's game. Also how important he is on counter attacks.
We were overloaded in the midfield. Danilo, Yaya, KDB, Gundogan, Bernardo and at times Sterling, they all drifted centrally.

A win is a win, but my word that was awful.

Raheem, fair play to him, has properly stepped up as a match winner this season.

Just some question points:

- Yaya is finished at this level and we need to be looking at a worthy deputy to Fernandinho this January.
- Mangala and Otamendi - whilst they didn't concede - don't give any confidence as a pairing defensively.
- Unless you have an Arjen Robben or Gareth Bale I think it's pointless trying to play inverted wingers at this level.
- Bernardo Silva is not a right winger
Good analysis.
BS very disappointing tonight.

Given, I was talking about domination in first instance and general performance, 90% pass completion and although passes is significant. We also had far more scoring opportunities than them.

I think youre right when it comes to the "clear cut chances". The stats say 14 shots of which 4 on goal for us and 6 shots of which 2 on goal for them. These stats arn't bad but what i think it shows is that the B team should be more clinnical right?

Personally I would rest all of them and wouldn't even take them. Would we get away with that?
De Laurentis (sp) would have nice things to say about us if Napoli crashed out due to Shaktar beating us, not that I care.
Back on topic, watching that reminded me of Pellegrini's last season. Pep's system demands a very mobile DM, which Yaya is not. Thought we played better when Gundo dropped there to replace Yaya.
Got the job done in the end :)

Got the result in the end but I think it shows that just remove a couple players and there is a significant drop off in the team cohesion.

Well done Sterling, would have missed that not too long ago. Flying under Pep, not that he will ever get any credit outside of City fans but fuck everyone else.

Was never set to be a stormer so I'm perfectly fine with winning streak continuation.

Wish bernando would finally give me some joy though, it's still missing. Apart from being able to give us another option to keep the ball when we need it, he doesn't offer anything at the moment.
Agree with this. A bit disappointing so far for me.

I think youre right when it comes to the "clear cut chances". The stats say 14 shots of which 4 on goal for us and 6 shots of which 2 on goal for them. These stats arn't bad but what i think it shows is that the B team should be more clinnical right?

No doubt the main failing tonight - and generally - is not bring clinical enough with last pass or shot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.