Feyenoord (H) Post-Match Thread

Feyenoord defended with a great deal of tactical nous, skill, energy and when that didn’t work, fouling.
Taking pep at his word, that wasn’t our B team. Those on display tonight are part of the squad that train together and should be as a au fait with systems and tactics as anyone else. There should be no reduction in individual talent and no drop off in performance. That is what Pep is aiming for and based on tonight we are some way off that as an ideal. I thought Eddie was very good but his distribution was disrupted by a lack of familiarity. Yaya and th3 back 4 didnt give him as many options as he would usually have. Mangala lacks confidence on the ball and got shaky at times. Danilo isnt a left back and we really missed John’s calm leadership. I think we will get away with it as long as we keep Vinnie in cotton wool for the Rags and Spuds. Yaya is a big drop off for Fern at this stage of his career and we lacked the dynamism and energy in the DM position. I was looking forward to seeing Gundogan and Bernardo start but was pretty underwhelmed, particularly by Silva’s performance. I think Pep will have learned quite a bit from tonight. Great to see the two youngsters get their start and a very positive outcome of the night with us winning the group. We also gave a good rest to some of them that needed it. I think I might persevere with Mangler and Ota for Sunday in the hope that playing will help their understanding and confidence. I’m afraid I can’t see past Kev, Dave, Raheem and Leroy starting every game and give them a rest when the game is won. We can’t afford a similar drop off of performance in the PL.
Excellent analysis.
Gundogan and BS very dissapointing.
We move on, hope Pep has learnt about the character ( or lack of it) of some players.

As expected tbh, the way we play doesn't really suit playing at less than 100%. Some pretty terrible individual performances as well, by Aguero and Gundogan in particular (until that last minute through ball). Still a professional job and we've won the group, given Foden a taste and let us not even take key players to Ukraine. All in all a good days work.

Got to sign a replacement for Yaya in January though, you really can't go from your most energetic player in Fern to your best living statue impersonator in Yaya, it's too big a drop off and really shows in the overall tempo of the team

Hasn't been able to run with intensity more than a couple of times a game for a few years now. Not surprising though he's dragged a big body up and down that pitch for a long time.

It was never going to be a classic but a win’s a win and can’t argue with a clean sheet. Can’t think of any standout performances.

I think people are being harsh to suggest lethargy was a factor tonight. The almost telepathic link-ups that help to pass through a packed defence was missing for the most part, the goal being one exception. The match panned out as was to be expected, given the circumstances, an early goal was needed for the game to follow the usual script, it didnt come but we never stopped trying. Sterling becoming "prolific" is fukn excellent...

For personal reasons of seeing young Phil making his debut tonight.. I'm so proud of him..well done young Phil and well done blues.

We were very comfortable all game. Rested key players. Won the game. Shows how far we’ve come that we can coast in champions league games

The lack of home fans and support tonight was fucking diagusting. Hope you all enjoyed watching on BT sport and making us look fucking embarrassing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.