Feyenoord (h) pre-match thread

Feyenoord (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the current standings in the groups it's not ridiculous to suggest coming second might be favourable right now. for that reason idon't think there's much advantage to topping the group but even so, if Napoli win tomorrow which i expect them to do, a point will be enough to see us claim top spot. I expect a league cup side tomorrow, there's no reason to risk anybody that we'd miss if they were to get injured. Which right now means no Delph, Kompany, Silva, KDB or Fernandinho for me

-------------Ederson

Walker Tosin Mangala Danilo

-----Gundogan Yaya Foden

Bernardo ------------------Diaz

-------------Aguero

That's a team that's still capable of getting a result and rests most of our important players. There's also the issue of Feyenoord themselves having nothing to play for other than a very faint hope of making the Europa league if they win both of their remaining games and results out of their hands go their way and even then it's questionable whether they'd even want that distraction.
You do know that Pep wants to top the group for the second leg home advantage - that is reason enough

Any trouble so far from away fans? Loads in the city centre asking about tickets! Extra checks in place already. Could be like koln at Arsenal!?

There was a large group of Dutch fans having a beer and a good old sing song in Shambles Square at 5pm tonight. Now that’s what I call an early start !

Rest as many as possible. Seriously, we can't keep pushing our luck with certain key players! It's a miracle that Delph has not only played well but has been available for so many games. Fernandinho is also a living miracle to be avoiding injury playing virtually every game at his age and at his intensity. Resting Vinnie in light of the Stones injury is also crucial. Rest De Bruyne and Silva too. Play Foden and Gundogan with Yaya behind them. Play Bernardo from the right, Aguero down the middle and then make a decision for the left of the front 3. Preferably not Sané though because that guy is absolutely vital to us now that Mendy is out long term. Sané is the only proper width we have on the left in our squad. Rest everybody. We'll still win.

It's a game we need to win so we can send the b team to russia,relying on napoli to win their game is foolish,get the job done tomorrow
Even if Napoli win we need to win tomorrow or at least draw.

Would still not risk KDB or Silva.

Probably a bluff

Feyenoord coach Giovanni van Bronckhorst says at his press conference that star striker Nicolai Jørgensen, who missed the reverse fixture, is a doubt to play tomorrow.

"He did not feel fully fit today and I won't take any risks with players who have complaints."

Van Bronckhorst: "I doubt you'll find a person in this room, in Europe or maybe even the world who don't believe City are one of the best teams at the moment."

IMO its throwing away the game to start all 3. Foden should start with Diaz and Tosin coming on in the 2nd half. All 3 can start together in the cup against Leicester.

CL is no place for the kids to be starting games. Likely line up;
----------------------------Ederson----------------------------------
Walker------Kompany------------Otamendi---------------Danilo
----------------------------Yaya--------------------------------------
----------------Gundogan---------Kevin De Bruyne---------------
Bernado---------------------Aguero-----------------------Sane

Tuesday then not playing until Sunday gives the opportunity of fielding a strongish side as possible. I'd like to see Foden and Diaz start too.

Ederson
Danilo Mangala Tosin Delph

Gundogan Yaya Foden Diaz
B Silva
Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.