FFT: 12 reasons why everyone hates Manchester City

I don't think anyone had a problem with United spending money. I think the problem was the hypocrisy that the accepted narrative is that United bring all of their players through the academy, while the truth is that they've broken the transfer record more than any other club, by far.

Then when their huge spend is pointed out to them, they change the discussion to "well we earned our money the right way". It's the "some pigs are more equal than others" hypocrisy that people have a problem with.

Totally agree and is exactly the point I was making but a lot of them now peddle this myth that we've always slagged them off in the past for spending big money on players. From my own experience, and from knowing so many blues down the years, that's something we never really called them out on. It's only started getting brought up by us since the takeover in response to their fans slagging off our spending.

And with regards to the "we earned our money" argument some of them use, plenty of us know enough about their history to know that that hasn't always been the case!

Last edited:
I don't think anyone had a problem with United spending money. I think the problem was the hypocrisy that the accepted narrative is that United bring all of their players through the academy, while the truth is that they've broken the transfer record more than any other club, by far.

Then when their huge spend is pointed out to them, they change the discussion to "well we earned our money the right way". It's the "some pigs are more equal than others" hypocrisy that people have a problem with.

Correct mate. They've broken almost every record. Most expensive left back, teenager, central defender, unknown Frenchman.

How long was Ferdinand's a record before it was beaten?

Bless him, he could only think of 12 .... every fan of other clubs could list hundreds of reason why they hate United lol

Totally agree and is exactly the point I was making but a lot of them now peddle this myth that we've always slagged them off in the past for spending big money on players. From my own experience, and from knowing so many blues down the years, that's something we never really called them out on. It's only started getting brought up by us since the takeover in response to their fans slagging off our spending.

And with regards to the "we earned our money" argument some if them use, plenty of us know enough about their history to know that that has never always been the case!

Yeh I think we're on the same page mate.

Another one of my pet peeves with them that they get away with is the "Emptyhad" jibes. I remember when City were shite and we had no room for bragging rights over them and we used to cling on anything we could. They even had their silly little song about our "tallest floodlights in the land" and Curly Watts as a celebrity fan" because "City are a massive club".

But now we're a better team than them, better players, better manager, regularly finish above them, they've got no bragging rights, so they resort to some petty shite about empty seats. It would fit nicely in to the first verse of a song "they've got the fewest empty seats, in the land, because Stretford are a massive club".

No rags seem to get the irony that all they've got left to brag about is their "massive" attendances.

What a clown, his article just goes to prove why as a bunch of fans they are hated more than any other due to there arrogance and ignorance.

Seems to forget to mention the rags success was down to bacon face buying 3 players for 15 million when the average cost for a player at the time was under 2 million.

The Munich thing you can agree with however let's not forget which teams vile chants about the aberfan disaster opened that bag of worms. I'm sure any Cardiff from the early 70s could tell you. I won't even go into how his own club used and disrespected the survivors and victims of the disaster.

On a similar note does he not remember the 80s? British football was dying on its arse with people staying away because of the fear of violence. Then along came the inflatable which was the beginning of a cultural change in British football. Which eventually led the way to the premiership so he should be thanking us for bananas, Frankenstein, Godzilla etc.

On empty seats, complacency etc at least the club I support give me a choice and don't have to live in fear that my season ticket won't be renewed because I don't want tickets for cup games etc.

Thaksin pulled the wool over our eyes which is fair enough but what did he want us to do abandon our club set up an new club and call it the real man city punk football club or something sumilar. Plus he should look a bit closer to home if he wants to talk about owners who are fraudsters, criminals and sellers of bad meat.

I could go on and Liam Gallagher maybe a prat but you know what he is correct.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.