Fire ,fire,but no one to put it out.

Indeed we do.

But most are consumed with whatever the idiot box tells them. They get more concerned about about a z list celebrity being unfairly evicted more than losing their rights, until it's too late.

As one-time union rep I used to suggest to my colleagues that they generally wouldn't do anything until a red hot cannonball dropped in their laps, and then I got the cry "What is the union doing about it?"

As one-time union rep I used to suggest to my colleagues that they generally wouldn't do anything until a red hot cannonball dropped in their laps, and then I got the cry "What is the union doing about it?"
I know that feeling all too well having been a rep myself.

I know that feeling all too well having been a rep myself.

Same here - I have actually had members ask me why can't people in other departments of the company go out on strike for them because they have a grievance. The members in question "didn't want to " or felt action by them would be "disruptive to the company "
Faced with that there is no hope. I'm no longer a rep.

if 1250 get made redundant or sacked ,i,d wager theres gonna be at least the same 1250 applying for their jobs back , and plenty more , thats how bad the terms are !

As someone who employs public sector people - ie a member of the public - I feel entitled to comment on their attitude, which in many cases I think is naive and selfish.

Many of them seem to think they should be a venerated, protected species, forever to remain at the high water mark of employment terms and conditions while the people who pay them are subject to the full force of the market and globalisation.

By constantly moaning about terms and conditions which are probably still amongst the best in the country they demonstrate how out of touch they are with the economic realities which affect millions of people who pay the taxes required to fund their relatively generous work related benefits.

I preferred it better on here when you weren't around to spout your drivel. Was it a ban or did people just get fed up with you being a **** so you thought you'd lie low for a while?
Sooner you fuck off again the better.

I preferred it better on here when you weren't around to spout your drivel. Was it a ban or did people just get fed up with you being a **** so you thought you'd lie low for a while?
Sooner you fuck off again the better.
Don't you just love the fact he "employs" public sector workers, must own the company.

And as usual we will all sit back and do fuck all about it again, the powers that be are in it for what they can get and are not interested in the general public.

We need to protest and fight these corrupt bastards,

There's really no need to protest, just vote for a government that offers better quality public services and higher taxes to fund them.

if 1250 get made redundant or sacked ,i,d wager theres gonna be at least the same 1250 applying for their jobs back , and plenty more , thats how bad the terms are !
Hope your happy that when you call for an ambulance the fire service will be turning up with no equipment or if you are burgled the same because that's what the new terms are rumoured to be.

There's really no need to protest, just vote for a government that offers better quality public services and higher taxes to fund them.

To be honest i think voting is part of the problem, it gives the fuckers the idea that we want them there :)

I can't think of anyone in my circle of friends and family who actually trusts any politician and herein lies the major problem.

They have lost all public trust and confidence.

You also have to ask that would the change make any difference considering they all answer to the corporations

To be honest i think voting is part of the problem, it gives the fuckers the idea that we want them there :)

I can't think of anyone in my circle of friends and family who actually trusts any politician and herein lies the major problem.

They have lost all public trust and confidence.

You also have to ask that would the change make any difference considering they all answer to the corporations

There is a FEW that don't, & just look at the attempts to destroy them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.