Fixtures 2017/18 (Brighton (A) First game)

Well of course it's not random. Various teams around the country cannot play at home at the same time (us and rags for example). Can't arrange it to be like that if it's totally random! It's meticulously planned, and the people involved in that process are bound to have their own agendas.

They also claim to arrange fixtures at Christmas and New Year to minimise travelling, whilst not playing any derbys.

Having said that, once those exceptions are taken into account the task of arranging the fixtures so that City start and end the season away from home, have difficult fixtures either side of CL fixtures, and all of the other fixes that fans from other clubs claim that go against them, they must have a helluva headache at the end of it..

Well of course it's not random. Various teams around the country cannot play at home at the same time (us and rags for example). Can't arrange it to be like that if it's totally random! It's meticulously planned, and the people involved in that process are bound to have their own agendas.
You have worded it better than me,now where's that agenda thread ;-)

Any clues when the first bunch of televised games will be announced? Due to work, I can only really get over to saturday games (kick off time not that important). The Everton game could well be moved and the Liverpool one will certainly be moved. I'm hoping the Palace game will stay put though. Generally, the earlier you can book flights, the better deal you can get. At the moment, I can get a return flight from Dublin to Manchester (out friday evening, back sunday midday) for €34 (just under £30). But that won't keep for that long.

From the looks of it it's a brilliant start for city in my eyes. All the "tougher" games are spread out over the season and not one after an other like Everton's fixtures seem to be for example. looks abit difficult at the back end in may but I'm hoping we've bagged the title by then ☺️ Hopefully plenty of points at the start of the season. Cmon city!!

Any clues when the first bunch of televised games will be announced? Due to work, I can only really get over to saturday games (kick off time not that important). The Everton game could well be moved and the Liverpool one will certainly be moved. I'm hoping the Palace game will stay put though. Generally, the earlier you can book flights, the better deal you can get. At the moment, I can get a return flight from Dublin to Manchester (out friday evening, back sunday midday) for €34 (just under £30). But that won't keep for that long.

Everton should be in the Europa League Play-Off Round, the Thursday before their visit to the ETIHAD. That'll mean a switch to Sunday, even if it's not televised.

Premier League website give approximate dates see below and link.

Period of matches covered Approx date of announcement
August and September 10 July 2017
October to November 11 August 2017
December and January 12 October 2017
February 12 December 2017
March 25 January 2018
April 26 February 2018
May 6 April 2018
Matchweek 38 After all clubs have played 37 matches

https://www.premierleague.com/news/419687

Premier League website give approximate dates see below and link.

Period of matches covered Approx date of announcement
August and September 10 July 2017
October to November 11 August 2017
December and January 12 October 2017
February 12 December 2017
March 25 January 2018
April 26 February 2018
May 6 April 2018
Matchweek 38 After all clubs have played 37 matches

https://www.premierleague.com/news/419687
Thanks very much for that.

I wonder if the random fixture generator will give us all our away games against the top teams around the start of the Champions League knockout rounds again, like last season.

GROUP STAGE
1: Liverpool (A) prior, Watford (A) after
2: Palace (H), Chelsea (A)
3: Stoke (H), Burnley (H)
4: WBA (A), Arsenal (H)
5: Leicester (A), Huddersfield (H)
6: WHU (H), United (A)

Round of 16 (Alternating weeks, unknown draw, A or B)
1st Leg: Leicester (H), ?A?, FA cup 4th Round, ?B?, Arsenal (A)
2nd Leg: Chelsea (H), ?A?, Stoke (A), ?B?, Brighton (H)

QF (2 Legs, consecutive midweeks)
Everton (A), 1st Leg, United (H), 2nd Leg, Spurs (A)...Oh, Holy Shit!!

SF (2 Legs, consecutive midweeks)
Swansea (H), 1st Leg, WHU (A), 2nd Leg, Huddersfield (H)

Final: Post season, Kiev, Ukraine

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.