Fixtures Calendar - 2023/24

I must be in the minority who is more than happy to have an 8pm kick off instead of the lifeless 12:30 ones which I absolutely detest. I only live about 10 miles from the ground so I don’t have the same travel issues as a lot on here.
Sort of missing the point , do the georgies or the blues living in the north west or further afield and SC holders have the luxury of being 10/20/30 minutes walk away?

I am about a 20 minute walk away so alright, but its shite for other blues so 8pm on a saturday is a piss take, maybe not for me but other blue bretheren.

This is no different than the contempt fans were shown over the charity shield

8pm Saturday fucking joke it’s gotta be said. We’re not a European league where every fixture needs to be on tv cause they’re skint. 3pm/5.30pm only

Sort of missing the point , do the georgies or the blues living in the north west or further afield and SC holders have the luxury of being 10/20/30 minutes walk away?

I am about a 20 minute walk away so alright, but its shite for other blues so 8pm on a saturday is a piss take, maybe not for me but other blue bretheren.

This is no different than the contempt fans were shown over the charity shield
They quite happily play football on Saturday and Sunday nights in France, Italy, Spain and Portugal. As long as there’s not too many I don’t t see the problem for the odd game. For everyone who can’t make the game there’ll be others than get get there, especially those who work Saturdays. I’ll guarantee we’ll have more supporters on our bus for this one than we would for a 3pm or 5:30pm kick off.

Last train to Newcastle is 10:30pm !
It’s 21.32 from Victoria so geordies are either on a coach, driving home or staying overnight. Game finishes just before 10 so they might be home by 1.30am if they are lucky. And we are one of their closest away games. Notice that their game at Brighton had also been chosen as a 5.30 ko on Saturda. TV companies are yet again showing utter contempt for the travelling fan.

They quite happily play football on Saturday and Sunday nights in France, Italy, Spain and Portugal. As long as there’s not too many I don’t t see the problem for the odd game. For everyone who can’t make the game there’ll be others than get get there, especially those who work Saturdays. I’ll guarantee we’ll have more supporters on our bus for this one than we would for a 3pm or 5:30pm kick off.
In europe public transpprt is efficeint, plentiful and cheap

here it is cancelled, overcrowded and pricey

People are bound to have different opinions. I was worried the Newcastle match would be Monday night which would have been a problem for me. I'll take the Sat. 8pm plus four 3pm KOs in September in exchange.
Yep, exactly, the TV fixtures have worked out well, if I was travelling a few miles I’d probably have an overnight stop and make a weekend of it, couple of days in Manchester in Summer, what’s not to like? 25k of us made the effort to go to Istanbul on a gruelling trip, 200 miles to get to this game is a cockstride.

I appreciate many of you make the journey regularly, I admire your devotion, it’s really impressive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.