Fluminense (N) - Fri 22nd Dec, 18:00 | CWC Final | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In many cultures — not all — red is associated with anger, aggression and violence. Sky blue is the colour of heaven…
Indeed. That is the reason for the colour of the Blessed Virgin Mary's robes. The original colour of the Order of the Garter was also sky blue, precisely because it was the colour of heaven. (The current darker blue is a later innovation.)

Quite fitting that the neighbours have the Devil in their badge.

1703245217437.png

Very keen to win this, will be our 2nd trophy of the season by Xmas. Pep will go full strength I reckon as the club are taking this seriously, as they should…more income, more global awareness etc etc….all part of the growth plan, the City juggernaut.
Would be seriously good to have World Club Champions 2023 added to the trophy roll call in the match day programme & wherever it can be listed. Might not get another chance.
Unfortunately our full strength at the moment is way way off our full strength. Our form is pretty dreadful as well. As much as I’d love us to win it I don’t think we will. They’ll kick us off the park and be diving all over the place if we will need a strong ref. And their support in the stands is going to be top notch

Indeed. That is the reason for the colour of the Blessed Virgin Mary's robes. The original colour of the Order of the Garter was also sky blue, precisely because it was the colour of heaven. (The current darker blue is a later innovation.)

Quite fitting that the neighbours have the Devil in their badge.

View attachment 101996
Is that TOJ twatting a rag?

In Brazil today for the game and the media here are not happy with the assertions that City have already be crowned by the English/European media as runaway favorites! They think it’s disrespectful, once again, of their Confederation and their own achievements!

If it does become a 2-0 or 3-0 situation, I’d expect a few choice challenges coming into the game.

As for Fluminense, they’re not a bad team by any stretch, but are used to having time and space to play. I don’t think City will give them that, so that’ll be interesting to see how they respond.

There was a stat in the Red Diamonds game that states City took, on average, 16 seconds to recover the ball. If we can do anything even close to that in the Final, it’s hard to see how they can win.

Fluminense take more shots from the edge of the box than we are used to and do a lot of 1-2s in and around the box, either to beat the defender or draw the foul.

I think this is a VERY IMPORTANT GAME AND TITLE to the ownership of the club. Pep will play his best team and be pulling out all the stops to win. It’s a capstone on the best year in the club’s history and will give us bragging rights we may never see again.

I’d expect nothing less than leaving it all on the pitch for this one, and see our only weakness as susceptibility to the fast counter and the ball in behind. They do have some outside shooters and, as I said, will look for the quick interchange around the box to either free up the player or try to get a free kick/penslty.

Their “best” players are old European players (Melo & Marcelo) who have gone home for their final farewells, but they cannot, and should not, be taken lightly.

If we play at 80+%, we win. If they play anywhere close to 100% and we play anything less that 80%, they can make a very hard game of it and even win.

Last edited:
Hope the boys win it but if we don’t I’m just hoping we play well

I understand what you are saying but for us to win it this year means we will have done something that no other club has. To win 5 trophys in one calender year may never be done again. Its important for the club to win this and if we do, we should be proud.

I want to win it, like I want the team to win every game they play. I will be watching it. My point was I'm not really feeling that enthused about the game. I sent to the Super Cup final and that was similar, it was great to win it but it didn't have the same sort of edge as you usually get in a big game.

I want to win it, like I want the team to win every game they play. I will be watching it. My point was I'm not really feeling that enthused about the game. I sent to the Super Cup final and that was similar, it was great to win it but it didn't have the same sort of edge as you usually get in a big game.
The Super Cup is a bit of a joke, because it equates the Europa League winners with the Champions League winners.

The Club World Cup, on the other hand, is FIFA Confederations vying for “Best in the World” designation.

So, while some might suggest the European Super Cup is harder to win, the Club World Cup is, by far, the more prestigious title.

The main issue is the disrespect Europeans give to League football everywhere else in the world, and this is the rest of the world’s chance to shove it back in our faces!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.