FOC Roll Call :-)

69 years of age
First game was City v Swansea Town about 1963/4
Had a kippax season ticket in the late 70,
Had a season ticket from 2003 until I gave it up at the end of the season before last as it was getting expensive driving down from Glasgow every home game since I moved here in 2014 ,
I have a membership now and been down to a couple of Champions League games.

First match: Blackpool at Maine Road in 1963 (0-3 defeat)

Initially in the Platt Lane Stand, then a move to the Scoreboard End until it was demolished. Then on to the Kippax until the new North Stand was opened. My first season ticket came, a year later, when the seats were installed in the North Stand.

Moved away from Manchester in 1977 to work in Birmingham living in Coventry and gave up my North Stand season ticket. Subsequently we moved to Leicester and then to Edinburgh. My attendance was limited by finance. I did make the Ipswich semi-final at Villa Park and matches in Coventry.

I made it to more matches in the 1990s including some dire home defeats. I do recall a League Cup win against Chelsea in 1993 (give or take). I was working and staying near the airport and struggled to get to the match after gridlock on the Parkway. I arrived at Maine Road five minutes before kickoff and got into the Kippax with the match having played for 25 minutes! That summed up the Swales era, a 16,000 crowd and a half hour queue to get in.

One match against Bolton ended in a 2-1 defeat after Kinkladze put City ahead. The worst was a dismal loss to Barnsley at Maine Road.

After the takeover I had paid off my mortgage and was better placed to travel to matches. I was at a Conference at Salford University and got a ticket for the match against Wigan, a few days later, where Sergio scored a hat trick.

The conference dinner was held at Old Trafford in the suite overlooking the pitch. Half way through, I changed into a new Black and Red City top and created some debate. The conference organiser was a Warrington Wolves fan and had a good laugh. It was my first visit to Old Trafford since 1974!

Two years later I managed to get a season ticket.

73 years young and due to bad health no longer go to games, but I can be found in my local boozer watching the Blues.
Many thanks to a certain Glyn Pardoe who used to take me to some home games when I was 13 years of age and him and my namesake taking me into the Players dressing room at Maine Road an hour before the game started.
Wonderful stuff.

Can’t remember if I’ve posted this before!!

My dad took me and my sister to Maine Road around 1958, we stood behind the goals in the Scoreboard End and I do remember him asking people around us to stop swearing as there are kids here.

Not sure if it made any difference….

Not really an FOC as I'm only 59. Went to my first City first team match on September 8th 1973 against Norwich at Maine Road. Stood on the scoreboard end with my dad to watch the reserves in 1969, I think. I'd of been 4 years old only remember my Dad walking me back home and having to stop at my Grans as I was shattered and falling asleep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.