Food From Your Youth

Your post brings back memories of when i split up with my ex Mrs and she got with a fella with a posh M5 on the drive. They'd have a Chinese takeaway every Friday as a treat but my girls were only allowed chips. I was fuming and it caused a row with my ex. I made a point of regularly taking them to Chinatown and allowing them whatever they wanted.

good on you mate

I don't but I'm fucking starving and you're making me drool all over the cat.
On another note, Dunkley ave. cake shop in Failsworth made some lovely pasties back in the olden days.
Never heard of there but good homemade pie and cake shops are pretty scarce nowadays so i sometimes bake my own. These pork pies i baked were delicious: )IMG_20201125_185618748_copy_3456x2592.jpg

Coming from Manchester and having spent a few years in Bournemouth and now living in North Yorkshire I am still amazed its not normal to get a variety of pies, a steak and kidney pudding or even gravy in all chippies - In my youth a potato and meat pie chips peas and gravy with brown sauce sat in at Tommy's chippy in Middleton was a dream. Pudding chips and gravy on the way home from the pub was the perfect end to a night on the piss.
Tommy’s was ace 45D97510-5BEE-491A-8D71-1D489200A217.jpeg

I used to go to a ba
Never heard of there but good homemade pie and cake shops are pretty scarce nowadays so i sometimes bake my own. These pork pies i baked were delicious: )View attachment 61104
Never heard of there but good homemade pie and cake shops are pretty scarce nowadays so i sometimes bake my own. These pork pies i baked were delicious: )View attachment 61104
I used to go to a bake house in Cumbria that did a double pie, no lid just two pies stuck together, they were fantastic.

My mum was the only one in our house who liked liver and onions. Awful stuff, but I couldn't wait to dip my bread in the gravy when she was cooking it.
I made this a couple of weeks ago with mashed potato and onion gravy. Really good for you too.

Is lamb liver healthy?

Image result for lambs liver

In addition to its top highlights (B12, vitamin A, etc), liver contains a huge variety of hard-to-get micronutrients. Pound for pound, lamb liver is among the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet. Lamb liver is especially rich in highly bioavailable heme iron, B vitamins, vitamin A, and selenium.3 Jan 2022

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.