Football Dynasty

Credo

Random post. There is no guarantee that a son will follow in his fathers footsteps. But it happened with the Inces, the Wrights, Cruyffs, Maldinis, Redknapps, Schmeichels, Gudjohnsens. How many overseas players are playing in the UK having sons who qualify for England? Think of the City team, their sons joining the academy. We'd have to wait a few years but.........

Aguero's kid HAS to be good... Dad's Aguero, Grandads Maradonna and his godfather is Lionel Messi! Frightening!

Aguero's kid HAS to be good... Dad's Aguero, Grandads Maradonna and his godfather is Lionel Messi! Frightening!
Random post. There is no guarantee that a son will follow in his fathers footsteps. But it happened with the Inces, the Wrights, Cruyffs, Maldinis, Redknapps, Schmeichels, Gudjohnsens. How many overseas players are playing in the UK having sons who qualify for England? Think of the City team, their sons joining the academy. We'd have to wait a few years but.........
Jordi Cruyff!

I take it by "the Wrights" you mean Ian Wright and the two Wright-Phillips?

For the record, you know SWP is not Ian Wright's biological son, right?

I take it by "the Wrights" you mean Ian Wright and the two Wright-Phillips?

For the record, you know SWP is not Ian Wright's biological son, right?
Yes I know. But by the same process if Aguero adopts a British boy and the football genius rubs off onto him, then that boy is eligible for England. Just think of the number of overseas players in the UK whose wives have given birth to a boy born in the UK and available for selection by England.

Yes I know. But by the same process if Aguero adopts a British boy and the football genius rubs off onto him, then that boy is eligible for England. Just think of the number of overseas players in the UK whose wives have given birth to a boy born in the UK and available for selection by England.

Fair enough. I just personally view footballing "dynasties" to be about blood relations. Granted it was an incredible coincidence that Ian adopted a kid who would go on to be good enough to play for England, and that in itself is worthy of respect.

The Summerbee's - Mike's dad was a pro footballer as was his son, Nicky

The Clarke's had a few too, Allan (Sniffer) and Wayne and a few other brothers I think.
'Wor' Jackie Millburn and his two nephews, Jackie Charlton and Sir Ticket Tout.
The Allen's. Clive's dad (Les?) played for Spurs, Martin Allen is a cousin and I think there were one or two more (Paul Allen?)
Ken and Peter Barnes, Alan Oakes' lad was a keeper for Wolves and Villa (and Oakes is a cousin to Glyn Pardoe) and Mark Lillis' lad is a keeper for Rochdale.

The previously mentioned Rednapps are joined by the Lampards as 'Arry and Frank Snr married sisters, making Jamie and Frank Jnr cousins.
Also the Futcher twins Ron and Paul - one nephew is Ben Futcher (son of another brother) who has knocked around the lower leagues for a while and Danny Murphy is their sisters boy.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.