football pundits

blue saturday

Do i really need half a dozen so called experts to explain a game of football.I know that the nations favourites failure to beat a mediocre french team needs explaining to the average rag/moron but having chilles/dessailly/townsend/beglin and a commentator(thankfully not ctr)telling me what ive seen ,why?

blue saturday said:
Do i really need half a dozen so called experts to explain a game of football.I know that the nations favourites failure to beat a mediocre french team needs explaining to the average rag/moron but having chilles/dessailly/townsend/beglin and a commentator(thankfully not ctr)telling me what ive seen ,why?
Because the media think the average fan is a Sun-reader or of that mentality (a moron that is easily manipulated). Do yourself and your blood-pressure a favour and turn down the sound.

blue saturday said:

Maybe it's an unpopular mindset, but...I actually do need commentators. I mean yes I don't need the most inane drivel and the constant reminders when one of the goals is "quite good", but if I'm watching a team who I'm not infinitely familiar with, I actually want to be told who is touching the ball, because otherwise I will never learn, and in contentious decisions sometimes I need to have certain rules explained to me from behind the screen. I mean, who here would genuinely know about the change in the offside rule to only affecting active players if they didn't hear it from commentators? The country would be full of people who never read the news articles and consequently whose knowledge of the laws of the game is out of date and wrong. And God help those who grow up in a household where their dad doesn't sit and explain football to them from a young age, because those people could watch hundreds of matches and never learn why the referee has his arms up and the ball hasn't gone out of play even though there's a player clutching his ankle (i.e. the advantage rule) or some of the more intricate and rare rules such as freekicks being awarded in the box instead of penalties.

That said, I would pay good money to actually get some good commentators on TV, rather than patronising and biased ones - but there's a huge difference between thinking most commentators now are rubbish, and thinking that there's no need for commentators on TV at all...

Didsbury Dave said:
Graham Souness is very good, so is Jamie Redknapp.

Redknapp talks sense, but as a person just irritates the fuck out of me. Horrible skinny ties and wimpy southern voice.

Souness and Southgate offer a bit of insight. Most of the rest are very poor.

Didsbury Dave said:
Graham Souness is very good, so is Jamie Redknapp.

Souness is the best by a country mile. As for Redknapp dont like him at all dont rate him as a pundit to be honest and he does my head in. I would rather have Ray Wilkins and Souness in a ideal world on Sky doing the matches.

To be honest over here the pundits we have dont lick up to any of the players and say it how they see it. The presenter was saying to them before the Rags game yesterday is Nani world class. By the half time the pundits were riping into Nani and the presenter. Souness started out over here on RTE and I miss him with either Giles , Dunphy and Liam Brady who is maybe 1 of the best out there pundit wise a great knowledge of the game before yesterdays Rags game he predicted the game to be a borefest no real creation in any of the teams and he was right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.