Forest docked 4 points

utd haven't invested in their facilities for years. They've spent £billions on players and wages. And their debt is rising year on year.

Yeah, and every £ of the £900m they've spent on servicing that debt has been a loss under FFP.

Would it make more sense for clubs to have year ends at the end of August, so they incorporate the busiest market?

They then wouldn't be having to rush to get players out of the door early on in the window.
begs the question why they didn't push their year end back, there is some flexibility (at least for SME's I'm assuming it applies irrespective of turnover). That way they could have included the fee for the player and balanced the books. If indeed thats what tipped them over

I'm finding all this points docked etc abit depressing really. Let owners invest what they want and allow fans to live the dream

It's not the most optimal system but what would you say is the best way to protect and safeguard against scrupulous owners who will put the club in harms way if allowed unfettered and unchecked spending? You and I are lucky we got Abramovich and Sheikh Mansour which led to decades of wild success. But for every Sheikh Mansour, there are other owners who aren't as good and generous with their money.

The game is genuinely fucked these days. Clubs are not allowed to have ambition or big ideas, god forgive have a dream. I fall more out of love with it as each day passes unfortunately.
But, but, but, we’ve got to protect the hugely indebted Cartel teams that only have to service their debt!

Reactions: PPT
Isn't just a case of Forest have admitted guilt whilst City are arguing their innocence? Even in standard court cases, the defendants who plead guilty have their cases processed much quicker than the defendants who fight for their innocence.
Partially that and partially that we’ve been accused of corporate “fraud” and that’s far more intricate a case than admitting you were driving 85 on the motorway.

It's not the most optimal system but what would you say is the best way to protect and safeguard against scrupulous owners who will put the club in harms way if allowed unfettered and unchecked spending? You and I are lucky we got Abramovich and Sheikh Mansour which led to decades of wild success. But for every Sheikh Mansour, there are other owners who aren't as good and generous with their money.

Ffp hasnt stop the Glazer's from 1.2 billion debt has it !!. If the banks called in the debt, we can only wish for that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.