Forgotten Clubs

A few years ago, Scarborough started academies at grassroots level. They hoovered up all the talent at every age group meaning that many Sunday league clubs went to the wall.

Now they enter the teams into the Hull and district league. They are allowed to flout the rules. For example, I’m limited to having 22 players signed up (I wouldn’t want more than 16 anyway) but they play in the same competitions with countless players and select a squad depending on the opposition. In big league matches, they play the best players but in cup games against lower division teams, they put the others out.

Parents don’t have much option other than to go along with it because there’s no other decent clubs in the area.

It being a 90 minute drive from Hull, they set their kick off times for home games ridiculously early.

A few years ago, Scarborough started academies at grassroots level. They hoovered up all the talent at every age group meaning that many Sunday league clubs went to the wall.

Now they enter the teams into the Hull and district league. They are allowed to flout the rules. For example, I’m limited to having 22 players signed up (I wouldn’t want more than 16 anyway) but they play in the same competitions with countless players and select a squad depending on the opposition. In big league matches, they play the best players but in cup games against lower division teams, they put the others out.

Parents don’t have much option other than to go along with it because there’s no other decent clubs in the area.

It being a 90 minute drive from Hull, they set their kick off times for home games ridiculously early.
Oh ok I just remember their name and that sponsor

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.