Forum suggestions and feedback

I stayed away from the heavy weight stuff as there were a lot of nasty posters who have since gone,i accept the frothy stuff seemed cliquey but i managed to dive in to harmless threads and get established,anyway i'm not sure the sort of feedback i am giving is that useful just speaking from a female perspective
Yep. The political threads aren't worth the hassle.

All good points but then when we do actually have a laugh in off topic, in a fun and derailed thread with lots of laughs, the thread gets binned without anyone reporting because one mod doesn't see the humour (even though plenty posting thought it had classic potential), as with the other night and Fat Boy Slim. Off topic used to have lots of threads like that, under current modding, half the classic threads wouldn't have lasted 24 hours, now it's basically politics (which even I've grown tired of), what's for dinner or 'how far underwat is your 40" Bravia'

Did the fat boy slim thread get binned?? That was funny, I had a number of genuine laugh out loud moments on that thread.

One thing i have noticed is a sense of nostalgia that seems to come in now and then, in that some posters think things used to be so much better in years gone by, most of the arguments about off topic/the cellar have been the same since I joined ie it used to be so much better. It could be a brutal and very unwelcoming place (and not very funny either), I dont think its as bad as it used to be in that sense, but iMO the only time it was alright, was for about a week when Sam and Sue passed away, everyone got on and was nice to each other, but it didnt last. I'd hate over modding to take away what personalities there are left on here (even the ones who annoy me) as a number of really good posters have gone, probably never to be seen again (not withstanding the myth that they all come back eventually).

Yep. The political threads aren't worth the hassle.

There simply is no debate in the political threads, they are just bipartisan and abusive, with little humour. If you try and make a point about the politics, you dont get debate at all. There is a case they should be just knocked on the head really, the same 10-20 posters abusing whoever doesnt agree with their view of the world.

Did the fat boy slim thread get binned?? That was funny, I had a number of genuine laugh out loud moments on that thread.

That was me who moved that the morning after. You have to remember that we constantly get bullets from users about lack of consistency so this has always been our aim. As I didn't see the thread develop bit by bit and only saw the aftermath, it wasn't really as funny and I'd moved it before any of the humour got going due to the original breaks of the CoC. Here's the reasoning I gave in the Mod Forum after it came under some discussion from another mod who wanted to move it back

Sorry all, have been snowed under today.

The problem as I see it with this thread is threefold:

• Goatersnipple constantly and repeatedly breaks the Code of Conduct
  • Though it might be deserved, it's essentially a bunch of people rounding up on one poster for their own amusement which is cliqueish shite
  • We shouldn't allow a culture on here that states that people can break the Code of Conduct if they're somewhat amusing. That's sort of acceptable trolling.
Happy to go with consensus on this obviously

That was me who moved that the morning after. You have to remember that we constantly get bullets from users about lack of consistency so this has always been our aim. As I didn't see the thread develop bit by bit and only saw the aftermath, it wasn't really as funny and I'd moved it before any of the humour got going due to the original breaks of the CoC. Here's the reasoning I gave in the Mod Forum after it came under some discussion from another mod who wanted to move it back

Which is fair enough, i suppose reading it back it wouldnt be as amusing but at the time it was funny to those involved, even goatersnipple would have found it amusing, but in saying that it was fairly tame compared to some of the abuse and cliqueish shite (as you put it) that gets peddled on the match day threads, post match threads (that are getting as bad as the actual match threads), player threads and the political threads, to name but a few.

Of course people are fairly negative about the team at the moment, that's to be expected with the way we are playing. Constructive criticism is fine. The issue is more to do with overreactionary nonsense after a defeat. People calling the manager "an old ****", for instance, doesn't really add to the debate. Maybe negativity was the wrong word. It's more to do with respect, or rather the lack of it, towards the manager, players, and indeed fellow posters. Obviously it's a football forum so there are going to be strong, forthright views. It'd be a pretty dull place if there weren't. We're not trying to sanitise the forum, just want to encourage considered debate rather than users venting their spleen.
Venting their bowels more like.
The sort of posts I'm talking about are things like this, from the post-match thread on Wednesday:

I don't think things like that add anything to the debate. It's just hysterical nonsense. Slate him for his tactics, or team selection, or inability to motivate the players by all means.

Enforce the age limit and put Oakie back on his meds.

We have lost a lot of ladies from this place,see my posts to Ric,i wish we could get them back to the football side as well as off topic but it takes some nerve to just dive in when things are negative so i agree with you on that

We should get @XxRachXx back, I'm dying to hear about her rabbit.

Religion and politics, I am pretty sure a big majority of BM members would be glad if threads of this kind were not allowed.
Whilst the club seems to go from strength to strength commercially, on the pitch ( which most of us are concerned with) things have stagnated ( for want of a better word)
A good run of results, champs league games, possible signings etc will breathe on the embers and the forum could catch fire. It would be difficult to replicate the recent high points of e.g. the takeover, the Aguero moment, the Stadium expansion etc. but that's the nature of any forum, bit like the atmosphere at the Etihad, it needs incidents and events on the pitch to create emotional response.
Meanwhile i think the forum is just fine, considering the differences in age, lifestyle etc of us posters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.