Frank De Boer Sacked, Roy Hodgson Hired

Well that is the first in the Prem this season, but it will not be the last.

How old is Roy Hodgson just turned 70 on the 9th August doesn't look like the long term answer does he?

Palace chairman has had a pop at our Club from time to time, should try keeping his gob shut.

With the fixtures they have coming up they will be well and truly anchored at the bottom of the League and getting out of that situation will be no picnic.

Its there new american majority share owners that are shitting it! They probably bought them for a cash cow like all the American owners do

Feel a little bit for De Boer, shafted twice in quick succession, although he took the jobs i suppose (Inter i can understand, but Palace just looked like a disaster waiting to happen).

I suppose the pay-off's will dampen his disappointment a little.

The biggest failing in this is whoever appointed him, then failed to give him any tools to do what he was appointed for.

Have to say, i thought he'd make it to Christmas, but saw this coming a mile off.

Football is such a knee jerk reaction sport now. Fans and boards have no patience at all.

glad you made that point

fans are the worse culprits, a lot wanting Allardyce out last season even after they beat Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool in a row! and that was not hoof ball, they played some great stuff - just goes to show the fans lap up the tag and to blind to see past there hatred... well they got a 'attacking dynamic manager' in and it backfires.

Chris Sutton makes a valid point. De Boer was obviously toast before the Burnley fixture (Hodgson had been spoken to and decisions were made), so in effect he had a paltry three games in charge and even a victory on Saturday would probably not have saved him. Utter madness, and I'll have little sympathy if the club wallows at the bottom this season.

....Now they'll just revert back to the same old-school footballing manager, surviving relegation by March/April every year and playing trash football with it.

Agreed. A team full of 6'5" plus cloggers playing percentage football.

Palace should visit the library, and look to borrow the "Sam Alladyce Shit Football Survival Manual", but it's currently on loan to one J Mourinho in Stretford.

Hodgson could be just what Palace need, he took over Fulham in 2007 after only winning 2 games to near Christmas and kept them up, 3 years later they got to the Europa final
Was a long time ago though!

glad you made that point

fans are the worse culprits, a lot wanting Allardyce out last season even after they beat Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool in a row! and that was not hoof ball, they played some great stuff - just goes to show the fans lap up the tag and to blind to see past there hatred... well they got a 'attacking dynamic manager' in and it backfires.
when you don't have a flashy foreign name you're automatically s*** according to most fans these days.

I had people at work today telling me Eddie Howe has been found out this season and isn't a good manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.