Friday sick club

I remember then as "Sports days" mate :~)

That was Wednesdays. If you represented your station / unit at football etc you got half a day off work (sometimes a full one for away trips). I often thought it was the nearest thing to being semi-pro. Great times, although by the end of the nineties it was almost gone … so in 2001 I left - f**k working 5 full days a week ;-)

That was Wednesdays. If you represented your station / unit at football etc you got half a day off work (sometimes a full one for away trips). I often thought it was the nearest thing to being semi-pro. Great times, although by the end of the nineties it was almost gone … so in 2001 I left - f**k working 5 full days a week ;-)

Sports day called, straight into my locker glad-rags on and straight down town :)

Eight weeks a year after 10 years? Plus generous pensions, plus the opportunity to retire, plus the opportunity to strike, plus the opportunity to whinge constantly about how hard done you all are?
Jesus...
that eight weeks is inclusive of bank holidays,so its only six weeks some years depending on easter for me.

the pension was reformed in 2015 and is no way generous.

everyone has the opportunity to retire,depends on your savings etc I only have a chance cos i save like.mad,dont drive,dont smoke,dont have sky,rarely eat out.

thank god everyone has the opportunity to strike,not just us.

If you fancy all of that ,come join us,there's loads of work,because few new starters stay.i wonder why.

Very generous holidays in the NHS, 8 weeks a year plus a very good NHS pension at the end, plus a state pension. No wonder the NHS is continually struggling for funds. Wouldn't that money be better spent on actual patient care, more beds etc. ?
8 weeks were you getting that info? The pensions aren’t as good anymore in public sector, we don’t all buy Lamborghinis and have 5 holidays a year. It’s struggling because of shit management not lack of funds, there are about 100k jobs vacant so there’s loads of cash available, maybe paying people a bitmor3 to wipe someone’s arse might encourage more to do it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.