Fulham (A) - Sat 11th May, 12:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that we haven't won 7 PL games in a row this season, this might be considered the critical game.

But Spurs weren't that bad vs Arsenal at all. Actually, they could have drawn the game if some refereeing decisions had gone their way. If Spurs beat Burnley and Villa lose/draw vs Liverpool, Spurs will have a (theoretical) chance to make the top 4. West Ham are a completely different case.
Arsenal did get 1 huge stroke of luck when the penalty wasn't given and Saka went up the other end and scored. Very similar to the infamous Arnold handball when Fabinho scored 30 seconds later. The offside was very close but was the correct call. In theory, that penalty call could have changed the game but in reality Arsenal were clearly the better team and Spurs only got back in the game due to an absolute howler by Raya.

Spurs have lost 4 in a row and unlike the past, play a style which should suit us. They will try to go toe to toe with us cos Ange knows no other way. It kinda worked at Etihad (thanks to Tierney) but much earlier in the season when our defence was a mess.

They will try to go toe to toe with us cos Ange knows no other way.

They didn't in the FA Cup game, though. They played quite defensively and relied on counters. Fortunately, Son wasn't available then.

They'll try to be smart and play on the counter, IF they still have a chance to make the top 4, that is.

Arsenal did get 1 huge stroke of luck when the penalty wasn't given and Saka went up the other end and scored. Very similar to the infamous Arnold handball when Fabinho scored 30 seconds later. The offside was very close but was the correct call. In theory, that penalty call could have changed the game but in reality Arsenal were clearly the better team and Spurs only got back in the game due to an absolute howler by Raya.

Spurs have lost 4 in a row and unlike the past, play a style which should suit us. They will try to go toe to toe with us cos Ange knows no other way. It kinda worked at Etihad (thanks to Tierney) but much earlier in the season when our defence was a mess.
This Arsenal were in total control of that game. I'm hoping we get to play against the Spurs over the past 4 games. My only concern will be the pace of Van de Ven getting the better of Haaland and of course Son getting his usual goal.

I was referring to Wolves not taking advantage of our sub par performance in the first half (score line aside!!).

Pep's post match comments would appear to confirm he watched a different match to you also :

"You see the result 5-1 [today] but I don’t have the feeling that was really good.

We lost a lot of balls, simple ones."

"It looks comfortable but it was not. In the end we created more chances but in the transition we were not precise in the last pass."

I am confident he will make changes to the starting line up to ensure we are better in the first half against Fulham and we will need to be.
CTID
20 goal attempts v 2, as I said it was a massacre. Some people want perfection, it was merely very good. As for Pep, he’s a gentleman, he always praises the other team, and always talks down him and us

This Arsenal were in total control of that game.

They weren't. Spurs created good chances, had more attempts. They were on top in everything bar goals. Arsenal scored 3 goals with 2 shots on target. The fact they were lucky to go 3 up seems to have distorted people's perception of what actually happened in the 1st half.

Big psychological hit to Arsenal should we win Saturday.
They go to United knowing if they lose it is all but over.
They haven’t had this before and bad as Utd are they are capable of doing us a favour.
First things first.Fulham.

Big psychological hit to Arsenal should we win Saturday.
They go to United knowing if they lose it is all but over.
They haven’t had this before and bad as Utd are they are capable of doing us a favour.
First things first.Fulham.
Only way rags win on Sunday is if Arsenal have a dodgy lasagne for lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.