Fulham (A) - Sat 11th May, 12:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a number any of you have thought about to make catching Arsenal on goal difference a possibility?
One would assume we need to win by at the least (4) on Saturday.
Fulham have given up (55) on the season. Far from a stout defense on top of having nothing to play for.

That would get us down to a difference of (2)
We draw with Spurs, and Arsenal beats United by (1)
We then have a realistic chance of catching thier (3) on the final Sunday.
We would just have to tie thier amount, because in this scenario we would certainly overtake them on goals scored for the season.
My understanding is total goals scored is still the third tiebreaker over head to head results.

It would of course take a Herculean effort from Everton when they have nothing to play for, but on current form Everton are a much more competitive then West Ham with a lame duck manager.
We would likely need to put 5 or 6 past West Ham to be safe, but that is certainly a possibility.
What drama that would be.

Regardless, I hope Pep is still thinking we have a realistic chance to catch Arsenal and not to take the foot off the pedal if we show up looking good on Saturday morning.

Absolutely

None of these games can be overlooked. Fulham are a solid enough mid table Premier league side, it's not like we're playing a third division side. They're capable of beating anyone on their day, like any other Premier league team. They turned spurs over not so long ago, yet people seem to be overlooking Fulham and worried about Spurs.

Luckily the players will approach it with the same focus as any other game.
They got 4 points from us (Arsenal) this season. There were only 2 games we dropped points in this season where we were comprehensively outplayed. One was away at Chelsea (we thieved a 2-2 draw). The other was away at Fulham (we lost 2-1 and should have lost by more).

No game is easy at this level and all the talk of overhauling goal difference is silly. City just need to win 3 games. One. At. A. Time.

Don't look any further than the Fulham game. That's the most important game all season until you win it, then the next game is the most important. But if you have one eye on the Spurs game you may get your pants pulled down.

They got 4 points from us (Arsenal) this season. There were only 2 games we dropped points in this season where we were comprehensively outplayed. One was away at Chelsea (we thieved a 2-2 draw). The other was away at Fulham (we lost 2-1 and should have lost by more).

No game is easy at this level and all the talk of overhauling goal difference is silly. City just need to win 3 games. One. At. A. Time.

Don't look any further than the Fulham game. That's the most important game all season until you win it, then the next game is the most important. But if you have one eye on the Spurs game you may get your pants pulled down.
You mean Villa.

You mean Villa.
We (Arsenal) lost at Villa (in the match after City lost there) but should never have lost that, we missed a load of chances and they scored with their only chance. On the other hand Fulham outplayed us and deserved the win.

Absolutely

None of these games can be overlooked. Fulham are a solid enough mid table Premier league side, it's not like we're playing a third division side. They're capable of beating anyone on their day, like any other Premier league team. They turned spurs over not so long ago, yet people seem to be overlooking Fulham and worried about Spurs.

Luckily the players will approach it with the same focus as any other game.

I actually think this one's the trip-up game, not Spurs. We get past these and I think sheer momentum will carry us through at Spurs. We are of course a lot better than both, but that has never given you a divine right to win.

We (Arsenal) lost at Villa (in the match after City lost there) but should never have lost that, we missed a load of chances and they scored with their only chance. On the other hand Fulham outplayed us and deserved the win.
I understand, sorry. I quickly read your post without paying attention to the "team supported."

Unless there's injuries i think we start the same team as last week. If it ain't broke.....

Ederson

Walker
Akanji
Ake
Gvardiol

Bernardo
Rodri
Kovacic

KDB
Foden

Haaland

4-0 to us, with another Erling hattrick.

COME ON CITY!!!

Is there a number any of you have thought about to make catching Arsenal on goal difference a possibility?
One would assume we need to win by at the least (4) on Saturday.
Fulham have given up (55) on the season. Far from a stout defense on top of having nothing to play for.

That would get us down to a difference of (2)
We draw with Spurs, and Arsenal beats United by (1)
We then have a realistic chance of catching thier (3) on the final Sunday.
We would just have to tie thier amount, because in this scenario we would certainly overtake them on goals scored for the season.
My understanding is total goals scored is still the third tiebreaker over head to head results.

It would of course take a Herculean effort from Everton when they have nothing to play for, but on current form Everton are a much more competitive then West Ham with a lame duck manager.
We would likely need to put 5 or 6 past West Ham to be safe, but that is certainly a possibility.
What drama that would be.

Regardless, I hope Pep is still thinking we have a realistic chance to catch Arsenal and not to take the foot off the pedal if we show up looking good on Saturday morning.
GD isn’t worth thinking about. Even if we do beat Fulham by five, we’ll still be trailing Arsenal by a couple. They will smash Everton on the last day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.