Full Backs?

Noises coming out of Turkey that Valencia are prepared to discuss Mangala in part ex for Gaya. Very surprised, as I thought Mangala had blow hot and cold over there and wasn't regarded to have had an overall good season. Turkish press stating that Galatasary want Mangala and see this as a blow.

Personally I can't see it, unless Valencia accept he will be sold this summer and think City is where they will get the best offer, but I can see Mangala ending up in Turkey for about £10m.

Noises coming out of Turkey that Valencia are prepared to discuss Mangala in part ex for Gaya. Very surprised, as I thought Mangala had blow hot and cold over there and wasn't regarded to have had an overall good season. Turkish press stating that Galatasary want Mangala and see this as a blow.

Personally I can't see it, unless Valencia accept he will be sold this summer and think City is where they will get the best offer, but I can see Mangala ending up in Turkey for about £10m.

Mangala's been touted as the best player in their defence this season.

He has? Wow, maybe that is promising, I'm sure that when I last checked he was cited as a liability and costing them goals. Is that including a defence with Gaya in it, because if true them maybe that is a worry actually!

Before his stupid red card, he was hailed as the great saviour. I doubt that've changed. And he seems to have a decent understanding with Garay.

I'd take both Southampton full backs over the two Spurs full backs. You could probably by the two of them for the price of Rose alone. Cedric is really good on the ball and has a lot of pace. Bertrand is solid as well.

Rose and Walker are the best fullbacks in the league. Also Rose is not average defensively as has been mentioned, he's a big part of the best defence in the league for two seasons.

Going to be interesting to see if it's 3 or 4 at the back as Peps preferred defence next season, is he buying defenders who play FB for their current clubs and converting them to left and right sided CB's?

Would love to see a top drawer back three- gives us far far more options in midfield or up front - could play both SA and GJ as an example.

LB:Kolasinac 0M + Mendy/Grimaldo 25 M
RB:Maffeo + Fabinho 30M

Grimaldo has a €60m/£52m release clause and desperate as Benfica are, I doubt they'll sell for literally half his price. He's been injured since December as well and only played one game since coming back.

Going to be interesting to see if it's 3 or 4 at the back as Peps preferred defence next season, is he buying defenders who play FB for their current clubs and converting them to left and right sided CB's?

Would love to see a top drawer back three- gives us far far more options in midfield or up front - could play both SA and GJ as an example.

It'll probably be both. His end goal will be to have a group who can switch from 3 to 4 at the back fluidly within a game as and when it becomes advantageous. That's what makes players like Kolasinac who could go from LB to LCB or Fabinho who could go from RB to CM so important.

just cannot see that happening rb Fabinho and Karsdoph and lb Grimaldo and Sessegnon
No, no, Fabinho will come for the defensive midfield, secondarily he can play full back if required :-)
Based on hints and evidence Kolasinac, Hernandez, Henrichs are serious candidates as new full backs. Representatives of Kolasinac and Henrichs allegedly already met with City. Further Tolmie hinted at a pair of brothers. Not sure if there are any other realistic candidates than the Hernandez brothers out there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.