Full Backs?

What risk? People need to stop throwing the word 'risk' around, you clearly don't know what it means.

I just ask myself, if Maffeo is coming back into the squad, if Kyle Walker or someone similar without experience with Guardiola is coming in, do I want them to learn what the perfect Guardiola RB does from Jesus Navas for a season or Dani Alves, literally the prototypical Guardiola fullback?

He's also got the winner's mentality and self-belief that comes from being a serial winner and that Pep has said the squad lacks.

I really don't think it's going to happen, but it would be fantastic, and he has spoken openly about wanting to play in England before he retires...people talking about risk pretend like the choice is between Dani Alves at 34 or some world class 25 year old, or that we'd have to play him every single game.

I just ask myself, if Maffeo is coming back into the squad, if Kyle Walker or someone similar without experience with Guardiola is coming in, do I want them to learn what the perfect Guardiola RB does from Jesus Navas for a season or Dani Alves, literally the prototypical Guardiola fullback?

He's also got the winner's mentality and self-belief that comes from being a serial winner and that Pep has said the squad lacks.

I really don't think it's going to happen, but it would be fantastic, and he has spoken openly about wanting to play in England before he retires...people talking about risk pretend like the choice is between Dani Alves at 34 or some world class 25 year old, or that we'd have to play him every single game.
Didnt even think about the mentorship aspect. Would love Maffeo to learn from Alves. I agree though that its unlikely.

Alves and Marcelo represent that kind of fullback who has a COMPLETE game in every sense. They can defend, dribble, pass, shoot, cross, and have stamina to track back and forth. It makes me think of the idea that "the best fullbacks are failed wingers", both Marcelo and Alves have played as a wingers very early in their careers.

So thinking like this... what about poaching Middlesborough's Adama Traore? They will be relegated so should be easy to get him. He has lightning pace, and ridiculous dribbling. He's quite young, so I wonder if Pep can mold him into a RB. Thoughts on the crazy idea?

Alves and Marcelo represent that kind of fullback who has a COMPLETE game in every sense. They can defend, dribble, pass, shoot, cross, and have stamina to track back and forth. It makes me think of the idea that "the best fullbacks are failed wingers", both Marcelo and Alves have played as a wingers very early in their careers.

So thinking like this... what about poaching Middlesborough's Adama Traore? They will be relegated so should be easy to get him. He has lightning pace, and ridiculous dribbling. He's quite young, so I wonder if Pep can mold him into a RB. Thoughts on the crazy idea?
I weirdly had the exact same idea about Adama Traoré, his end product is lacking for a winger but his physical and technical attributes could make him a potentially very good wing-back.

I weirdly had the exact same idea about Adama Traoré, his end product is lacking for a winger but his physical and technical attributes could make him a potentially very good wing-back.
Yeah I've heard it somewhere else as well so not solely my idea :0

One thing I've remembered from watching our academy for example, is that Demeaco Duhaney fits this mold as well. A VERY attack-minded defender, he has actually scored a few goals for our EDS by just running through due to the space afforded to a full back (people never expect them to just run through and score). I have not seen Maffeo as much, but I was wondering if anybody else knows whether he has this kind of attacking quality in him? I've only mostly seen him defend and not attack (vs ManU for example although I understand why he was instructed to mostly defend).

Yeah I've heard it somewhere else as well so not solely my idea :0

One thing I've remembered from watching our academy for example, is that Demeaco Duhaney fits this mold as well. A VERY attack-minded defender, he has actually scored a few goals for our EDS by just running through due to the space afforded to a full back (people never expect them to just run through and score). I have not seen Maffeo as much, but I was wondering if anybody else knows whether he has this kind of attacking quality in him? I've only mostly seen him defend and not attack (vs ManU for example although I understand why he was instructed to mostly defend).

Maffeo is more defensive in nature, he's got ability going forward but more like Zabaleta in the good old days than Dani Alves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.