Full Backs?

The notion on here generally is that Denayer/Angelino are the next Alves/Alba is frankly ridiculous. Clichy and Sagna are still better than them. We want to fantasize a xi full of our youth just because its different than what we have. Sagna particularly had a very solid season compared to the average of our team and I see no reason in RB being a emergency position. I am not the biggest fan of Clichy but I think Clichy got fuck all help from his LW compared to Sagna from Navas. Pellers system hubg them out to dry and hopefully we will see a change now with more midfielders.
Spot on. Well said.

I don't believe this is the case but if it was we wouldn't win the league or CL, it's been a major deficiency for years.

We've been linked with Vrsaljko, Wendell, Gaya, Willems, Bellerin etc. Could be a case of most of them not being impressive enough. Or just impossible to get (Bellerin). Anyways, signing full-backs (assuming we get our other targets) would take us to 8-9 new signings. Which i just don't see happening in one window.

The notion on here generally is that Denayer/Angelino are the next Alves/Alba is frankly ridiculous. Clichy and Sagna are still better than them. We want to fantasize a xi full of our youth just because its different than what we have. Sagna particularly had a very solid season compared to the average of our team and I see no reason in RB being a emergency position. I am not the biggest fan of Clichy but I think Clichy got fuck all help from his LW compared to Sagna from Navas. Pellers system hubg them out to dry and hopefully we will see a change now with more midfielders.

Like.

I think Clichy and Sagna are possibly the two most underated players in the squad. I can't think of many better full backs in the premier league.

However - Denayer is not a Right Back although he could easily do a job there, he is ready for involvement in our first team although CB of holding midfield would be his best position.

Angelino is pretty much untested. He was good going forward in the MLS - which doesn't say a lot. He needs a loan move to somewhere testing.

In fairness, I really haven't seen many good ones.

There is the hype crew, we either can't get or are overrated.

Alaba, Marcelo, Alba and the kid at Juve round up the we can't get crew.

And Rodriquez, Wendell, Ghoulam and Willems are in the grossly overrated crew. I think we should avoid the above.

Then there is the list of known gettable and decent players; Bernat, Gaya, Guirerrro, Cresswell, Peirrera, Hector, Telles, Douglas Santos, Amavi, Bertrand and Rose

We should probably get one of the above or just manage till next vear if we fix everything else.
Nice to see cresswell on that list, I think he could be really good for us. Would prefer rose though.

As a wildcard blind would be great if Jose doesn't like the look of him.

Nice to see cresswell on that list, I think he could be really good for us. Would prefer rose though.

I worry only because it might mean Kolarov staying. Kolarov is the only player I am absolutely against staying. I can deal with Bony, Yaya, Zab, Nando and Mangala staying.

Kolarov is NY #1 out, then Bony (Cuz of Kelechi), then Yaya ( Cuz their really is no where for him to play). Everyone else can stay. Mangala if we get both CBs (Laporte and Stones) if only 1 Mangala can stay.

Everyone else really is decent. Except I don't know what to do with Delph. Leftback?

I worry only because it might mean Kolarov staying. Kolarov is the only player I am absolutely against staying. I can deal with Bony, Yaya, Zab, Nando and Mangala staying.

Kolarov is NY #1 out, then Bony (Cuz of Kelechi), then Yaya ( Cuz their really is no where for him to play). Everyone else can stay. Mangala if we get both CBs (Laporte and Stones) if only 1 Mangala can stay.

Everyone else really is decent. Except I don't know what to do with Delph. Leftback?

Agree with this. Kolarov, Bony and Yaya will probably go. I think we're going to get Laporte but probably not Stones which means we'll keep Mangala. Don't want Zabaleta to go but he might especially if Pep sees Denayer as a contender for right-back rather than in the center (where we'll have more than enough competition among Kompany, Otamendi, Laporte and Mangala).

Out of his list from the reasonably attainable, I would prefer Hector or Rose/Bertrand. Surprised we haven't had stronger links to Hector and Pep has surely formed an opinion on him from his time in the BuLi. Although maybe he doesn't deem him good enough. The other two are obviously English and for the price I think Bertrand could be of much better value.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.