Full Backs?

Danilo (Real Madrid) and Ryan Betrand (Southampton) please.

Would we keep Sagna and Clichy? Denayer and Angelino are inexperienced, but could be capable of playing right and left back respectively. Denayer certainty is IMO, Angelino may need another year.

Danilo has been utter gash, Real have played him a few times and he has been so poor they have sent him straight to the bench despite paying €31.5m (£24m) for the right-back. He is the RB version of Kolarov. I suppose he is still sort of 'young' at 24, but i would rather we got quality instead of a risky stop-gap.

We don't need a RB to be honest. Denayer is competent to fill that role. And having seen some of him I strongly believe that he'll be a revelation for us. He's a RB version of Alaba. He can pass, cross and is defensively sound. Don't be surprised if Pep plays him as a RB one game, CB another and CM another.

I don't know why we aren't going for Ricardo Rodriquez. Arsenal seem to have a free run at him. Only £20m release clause too, which means not having to deal with Allofs.

I don't know why we aren't going for Ricardo Rodriquez. Arsenal seem to have a free run at him. Only £20m release clause too, which means not having to deal with Allofs.
In fairness, I really haven't seen many good ones.

There is the hype crew, we either can't get or are overrated.

Alaba, Marcelo, Alba and the kid at Juve round up the we can't get crew.

And Rodriquez, Wendell, Ghoulam and Willems are in the grossly overrated crew. I think we should avoid the above.

Then there is the list of known gettable and decent players; Bernat, Gaya, Guirerrro, Cresswell, Peirrera, Hector, Telles, Douglas Santos, Amavi, Bertrand and Rose

We should probably get one of the above or just manage till next vear if we fix everything else.

In fairness, I really haven't seen many good ones.

There is the hype crew, we either can't get or are overrated.

Alaba, Marcelo, Alba and the kid at Juve round up the we can't get crew.

And Rodriquez, Wendell, Ghoulam and Willems are in the grossly overrated crew. I think we should avoid the above.

Then there is the list of known gettable and decent players; Bernat, Gaya, Guirerrro, Cresswell, Peirrera, Hector, Telles, Douglas Santos, Amavi, Bertrand and Rose

We should probably get one of the above or just manage till next vear if we fix everything else.
What's your opinion on Fabinho.

If we sign like 5 top players this summer but still start the season with Kolarov (or Clichy).....i'm gonna be really pissed. We've had Kolarov and Clichy at Lb for 6 years now. And it's still a weakness. About time we got a top class LB.

Dax, how do you have an opinion on someone like Douglas Santos? You can't surely have that much time?

Top notch footballer. But RB is Denayer's to lose in my mind.
Given our lack of links with fullbacks & CM's beyond Gundogan, it wouldn't be a stretch to see us signing him. Could end up in midfield if Denayer holds the RB spot down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.