Future of our midfield

I think it's impossible and also naive to think you can just replace Yaya, he's unique, and there's nobody else like him. What we have to do is adapt, and as we're going to lose Yaya's ability to drive forward, I believe we'll need two dynamic CM's who can press both on and off the ball, coupled with the ability to control a game, players like Xhaka and Gundogan spring to mind.

This is a huge summer as I firmly believe we need two CMS, but I'm confident Txiki will chose the right options.

Silva won't need replacing for a while ilHis game won't really be affected by age in the same way that Toure's will. I can see him still playing an important role for us when he's 35 or 36.

As for Ntcham, he's on a two year loan with an option to buy, so presumably they don't see him as a long-term replacement for anyone.
We also have the option of a buy back if his loan is a success and his potential is reached.

We won't find carbon copies of Yaya and David and shouldn't become fixated on that. Hopefully we'll find others who will get the job done but in a different way.

KDB provides a good example.

What about Zuculini? He seemed like a good prospect but his loan deals dont seem to work out.

It obviously depends on what formation we look to play, but we may look at Delph replacing Fernandinho long term (though I think he can play for a long time yet), Fernando will be easy enough to replace in my opinion. As for Yaya, that will take a lot of thought and a lot of money but we should look for someone established in my opinion as Yaya has won us so many games and a strong central midfield is often where the league is won.

I think it's impossible and also naive to think you can just replace Yaya, he's unique, and there's nobody else like him. What we have to do is adapt, and as we're going to lose Yaya's ability to drive forward, I believe we'll need two dynamic CM's who can press both on and off the ball, coupled with the ability to control a game, players like Xhaka and Gundogan spring to mind.

This is a huge summer as I firmly believe we need two CMS, but I'm confident Txiki will chose the right options.

Agree it's impossible to replace Yaya with a like for like, Pogba certainly isn't that anyway, but being an optimist, I don't think we should look at it as losing his attacking play, we should look at it as getting rid of his deficiencies which definitely weaken the team.

Instead of a player like Pogba, who is more attack minded and defensively weak than Yaya, we should be getting a Defensive midfielder who can pass, and is mobile enough to be able to play in a 2.

christopher kramer is a top young midfielder . super talent

Both good posts and suggestions. Xhaka is an animal, left footer as well so would add even better balance. Kramer reads the game better than much more experienced midfielders.

Some real gems in Bundesliga.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.